Chapter 13

Winter: "Y/N?"

She looks quite surprised to see him. Winter then shook it off before speaking.

Winter: "You're the one I'm supposed to team up with?"

Y/N: "Yep. Good to see you doing well."

As he said this, he playfully salutes to her.

Winter: "This... never mind, at least you aren't as bad as Qrow. I can tolerate this with it's just you." 

Y/N: "I see you two are still at each other's throat, then again, you're not as bad as your sister."

Winter: "What? How do you-?"

Y/N: "Oh, I'm on her team. Technically speaking. Anyway, let's focus on the task at hand."

Winter wanted to say something but, the words die out of her mouth as she sighs.

Winter: "Indeed. Shall we make our way there now?"

Y/N: "Yeah, let's get this done and dealt with." 

Winter: "Agree. Follow me."

They start to walk to their destination, Winter begins to cough a bit to get his attention as she asks him something.

Winter: "So, how have you been?"

Y/N just smiles that the Ice Queen that Qrow calls her is asking about his well-being.

Y/N: "Oh, I'm doing fine. Eating well, sleeping well. I'm now attending Beacon and well, made some new friends. 

Winter nods in approval.

Winter: "I see. I'm pleased to hear that. After what happened at... Signal, I was afraid that you would still be... antisocial." 

Y/N scratches the back of his head before responding.

Y/N: "I still kind of am at some areas. Besides, what ever happened at Signal is all in the past now. Ozpin has already taken care of that."

Winter raises an eyebrow from his response.

Winter: ("Ozpin took care of it? Since when-?")

Y/N: "Anyway, your sister, Weiss is doing fine for the most part."("Can't tell her about what she, me, and the rest of the team are going to do tomorrow.")

Winter: "I'm glad to see she's attending Beacon. It won't be easy for her, attending an academy outside our home but, I know she can do it."

They continue talking about how he become the fifth member of a team and how the team is mostly comprised of girls, including Weiss. Surprisingly, Winter is fine with Y/N looking after Weiss since she doesn't see him as a mini-Qrow.

(A little Timeskip)

Y/N and Winter made it to their destination, a 4-story tall building that the White Fang are using. They examine the entire building before Winter speaks up. 

Winter: "We have a few options at our disposal on how to enter the facility. I wonder what the best approach with just the two of us. "

Y/N ponder for a moment, looking at the building, then at Winter, then back to the building.

Y/N: "Winter, you'll move to one of their computers to find the mission objective and destroy it."

Winter: "Okay. What will you do?"

Y/N: "Get their attention, draw them away from you, and take out the Rogues all at once."

Winter turns her head to face Y/N.