Chapter 21

(A Few Days Later)

Y/N head to the school cafeteria only for him to bump into Cardin and his team with Cardin giving off a disdain expression once he sees Y/N in front of him.

Y/N: "Oops, sorry."

Cardin: "Watch where you're going, punk." 

Russel: "Yeah, watch it."

Y/N: "I said I'm sorry."

Cardin just glare at him before responding back.

Cardin: "Tch, why does a guy like you get special treatment?"

Y/N: "What does that mean?"

Cardin: "Being the fifth member of a 4-person team, getting your own dorm room, being excuse every time you're a little late."

When he says all of that, Y/N comes to realize that he does have some level of special treatment, but it's because of a certain headmaster wanting him to attend here and he has his own reasons as well.

Y/N: "Look, if you want to complain about this, go talk to Professor Ozpin. I'm sure he'll listen to your complaint."

Dove: "You know who you talking to?"

Y/N: "Huh? Uhm, a classmate? A fellow peer?"

Sky: "Cardin is part of the Winchester family. They're basically small-time nobles."

Cardin glare at Sky, making him rethink what he just said.

Sky: "I-I mean, they're very important nobles, you know."

Upon hearing this, Y/N just shrugs.

Y/N: "Eh, never really heard of them."

Cardin becomes angry as he grabs him by the collar.

Cardin: "Trying to mock me or something? You wanna fight?"

Y/N: "Didn't I defeat you in our match a few days ago?"

Cardin just scoffs at this.

Cardin: "Please, I had a stomachache and there was something in my eye."

Y/N: "You sure didn't look like you had anything wrong."

Cardin start gritting his teeth in anger as Y/N idly comments.

Y/N: "Look, if you want to talk, we can talk. Though, any complaints you got for me, you can tell them to Ozpin. He's the one who brought me here, after all."

Cardin: "What are you, the headmaster's pet?"

Getting annoyed by him by his remark, Y/N grab his wrists, making him let go of him much to Cardin's and his team's surprise. Y/N stare at him, taking a deep breath before speaking.

Y/N: "Call me what you want but, I'm here just like the rest of you. To learn to be a huntsman and know how to kill Grimm efficiently. Now, if you don't mind, I going to eat my lunch."

Y/N walks off with Cardin, still mad at him with his team asking him if he's alright only for Cardin to shove them away and walking off. Hiding behind a corner is Blake, who eavesdrop on that whole exchange unfold. 

Blake: "..."

Once she realizes the conversation ended, Blake goes over to cafeteria and meet with her teammates and the others. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Ever since the duel between Ruby and Weiss a few days ago, it becomes the topic of the day for Yang, Blake, Y/N and Team JNPR. Apparently, the relationship between those two and of course, Weiss and the rest of the team has gone downhill.