Chapter 18

With morale dropping from the day-by-day community service they've been doing, Ruby and Yang decide to have their fellow team members to hang out in their dorm. Y/N is the only one who agrees in doing this as Blake doesn't mind but, it's a bit reluctant. Weiss is very reluctant to partake in it. Ruby figure that be the case, so she brought in Team JNPR to also partake in their hang out as Pyrrha does her best to convince Weiss to partake, even if it's a little bit. 

Weiss: "Fine. I'll... partake in this 'hang out.'"

R/B/Y/JNPR/ Y/N: "Yeah!"

They all head inside Team RWBY's dorm. Playing games, talking to one another, and in Nora's case, doing arm wrestling, mostly with Yang and sometimes with Pyrrha. Once that finished, Ren then brings in pancakes with syrups. Nora was jumping up and down in excitement at the mere sight of pancakes.

Y/N: "Nice to know that I'm not the only cook in our group, Ren. Also, nice apron by the way."

As he said this, he points at Ren's "Please Do Nothing to The Cook" apron.

Ren: "Likewise and thank you. I always have it on when I'm preparing a meal."

Scratching the back of his head, Y/N continues.

Y/N: "You're like a cooking pro. Then again, I just know how to cook a few things here and there. So, it's not like I'm some professional chef or anything."

Ren: "What meals can you cook in particular?"

Y/N: "Uh... meatloaf... maybe soup."

Ren gives off a small smile to Y/N."

Ren: "Well, at least none of us are complete novices to this kind of skill."

Y/N: "Heh, that's true. Got to keep our teammates' morale high with homecooked meals."

Amused by his remark, Ren places the pancakes and syrups down for everyone to eat. He then turns to Y/N and asks.

Ren: "Anyway, got any cooking knowledge you want to share with me?"

With a bright smile, Y/N answers back.

Y/N: "I'm glad you asked. Only if you share some of yours."

Ren: "Hm, fair enough."

As they eat, some were surprised when they hear that Y/N can cook. Y/N would explain that since his mentor is not much of a cook between the two of them, he had to be the one cooking for them. 

(Later On)

After their little hang-out, Team JNPR say their goodbye to Team RWBY+Y/N before heading back to their dorm. Yang stretches her arms a bit before speaking.

Yang: "Man, that was great!"

Y/N: "It sure was."

Yang looks at Y/N with a smirk.

Yang: "Well, we sure have a 'Yang' of a time. Eh? Eh?"

The rest of her team groan at her pun while, Y/N just rolls his eyes with a smile. 

Y/N: "Well, I'm going to wash off."

Ruby: "Sure thing."

Y/N heads into their bathroom. Once he closes the door, Yang and her team relax either on the floor or on their bed. That's when Blake and Ruby grab her and place on the other side of the room with Weiss, feeling a bit sleepy. Their action left Yang confused.

Yang: "Girls, what are you doing?"

Ruby: "Well...?"

Yang: "Well, what? Something wrong?"