Chapter 26

During the first day of the two-day detention, Y/N want to forget of having to be stuck in the same empty classroom with Cardin tomorrow as Glynda monitor them both. And what better way to do that is to head to Junior's nightclub.

Y/N: ("Man, it's been more than five days since they gave me that ban.")

He ponders over the screw-up he made that gave him that ban. How he hated that he caused them trouble when he said he wouldn't and obviously caused them some damage. He owes them. 

Y/N: ("Okay. Time to redeem myself as a part-timer.")

Very determined, Y/N heads inside the club. Once he makes to the entrance of the nightclub, he spots Melanie, which she then notices his presence.

Melanie: "Well, look who's back."

Y/N: "H-Hello, Melanie."

Melanie: "Here as a client or worker?"

Y/N: "Worker... if you'll have me."

Melanie ponders for a bit.

Melanie: "The ban has been lifted so it is possible."

Y/N: "Is Junior still mad at me?"

Melanie: "Well, you only broke a small part of the nightclub so, I wouldn't say he's too upset. But first, you're going to tell me why you want to keep working here after what happened."

Y/N: "W-Well... because I like to apologize and compensate you for the damage I caused. Also... I refuse to be beaten by this."

Melanie: "Hmm?"

Y/N: "The thought of screwing up over something like this doesn't sit right with me."

Melanie: "So... you want revenge or something?"

Y/N just sighs before answering back.

Y/N: "More like a redo, but... yeah."

Melanie stare at him and his newfound resolve before exhaling.

Melanie: "Fine, you can work here again."

Y/N: "Alright!"

Melanie: "But you're going have to earn your way back to being a host."

Y/N: "Huh?"

As they enter the nightclub, they met up with Miltia and Melanie goes to explain what she meant.

Y/N: "So... you want me to be a... solicitor?"

Miltia: "What an ugly word to say."

Melanie: "We just want you to advertise the business."

Miltia: "After all, how are people supposed to know about the cheap drinks and great company offered at Junior's without someone telling them about it?"

Melanie: "Since making you a host backfired."

Miltia: "Hence, you're going to start from the bottom and work your way up. We're the ones taking care of that as well. So, you doing this will still be lessening our workload."

Y/N takes in all of the information the twins explain to him before responding.

Y/N: "I see... so, I just need to go outside and try to convince potential customers to come to Junior's. 

The twins steps in.

Melanie: "No, you do it or you don't."

Miltia: "There is no try."

Y/N nod in response.

Y/N: "Alright, I'll do it... but, I ask that my seniors to give me a crash course in the finer details before being let out, this time."