Chapter 17

Another day, another community service Team RWBY+Y/N has to do for today. This time, it was helping the lunch ladies at the cafeteria. Despite this, Y/N usually talk with her teammates. Well, half of them anyway. Only making small talk with Blake and Weiss is... Weiss. During that time, Y/N ponder over his new gauntlet he's received from Ozpin.

Y/N: ("I really want to modify them. But I also need to tune Crimson and Violet from that Grimm extermination mission I did yesterday.")

He ponders for a moment before looking Ruby doing some work, remembering how much of weapon enthusiast Ruby is.

Y/N: ("Hmm... maybe I should ask her.")

After finishing their community service for the day, Weiss goes to the school library to study, Blake plans to go to a certain bookstore, and Yang plans to hang out with her friends. Ruby was about to head to her dorm room before Y/N stop her.

Y/N: "Wait, Ruby."

Ruby: "What is it, Y/N?"

Y/N: "Uhm, I need your help with my weapons."

As he said this, Ruby quickly stands in front of him with a big smile on her face and stars in her eyes, being somewhat close to his face.

Ruby: "Really?! You really mean it!?"

Y/N: "Y-Yeah. If you're not busy today, I would really appreciate your help."

Ruby, realizing how close she is, steps back, trying to hide her embarrassment. She then starts jumping up and down in excitement over the idea of tuning a teammate's weapons before responding with a grin.

Ruby: "I will gladly accept. Wait here. I'll go get my toolkit."

She quickly dashes into her room.

Y/N: ("Never knew she'd be this excited.")

In a split second, Ruby stand before him with her kit in hand, still grinning. Y/N just smiles and roll his eyes.

Y/N: "Let's head into my room."

Ruby: "Alright, let's go!"

The two head inside Y/N's room with Y/N taking out his small toolkit and placing on top of his table along with Ruby's kit. Y/N place down his Crimson and Violet in front of Ruby. She then examines the two pistols from every angle. As she places the guns down on the table, she looks back at Y/N.

Ruby: "I see you did your best on tuning it."

Y/N scratch the back of his head as he responds.

Y/N: "Oh, you know, I do try my best, but I never had the time to work on them."

Ruby then looks back at Crimson and Violet, stretching her arms.

Ruby: "Well, time to get to work." 

She starts to take a tool from her kit and begins tuning them with Y/N standing beside her.

Y/N: "Well, you can use my kit if you want."

Ruby glance back at Y/N.

Ruby: "Sure, thanks."

With Ruby busy, Y/N head to his bed and then start tuning on his gauntlets while giving them some upgrades to make it deadlier to the Grimm. After several minutes, Ruby swipe away the single sweat from her forehead, giving a proud smile as she looks at the two pistols. She turns around in Y/N's direction.

Ruby: "Hey, Y/N. I'm finished."

Y/N, still working on his gauntlets, turn around to gaze upon the smiling Ruby.