Chapter 10

(Beacon's Main Hall)

The team coronation ceremony is in full swing with Ozpin standing behind the mic as he speaks. 

Ozpin: "Russel Thrush. Cardin Winchester. Dove Bronzewing. Sky Lark. Please step forward."

The four students walk their way to the stage, standing in a line in front of Ozpin.

Ozpin: "The four of you retrieved the black bishop pieces. From this day forward, you will work together as Team CRDL, led by... Cardin Winchester!"

The audience gives one more wave of ovation, while four students walk down to the stage to take their places in front of the headmaster as their faces fill the screen.

Ozpin: "Jaune Arc. Lie Ren. Pyrrha Nikos. Nora Valkyrie. Step forward."

They get up on stage, standing in a line in front of the headmaster.

Ozpin: "The four of you retrieved the white rook pieces. From this day forward, you will work together as Team JNPR."

As the crowd applause, Nora laughs and gives Ren a hug.

Ozpin: "Led by... Jaune Arc!"

Jaune: "Huh? L-Led by...?"

Ozpin: "Congratulations, young man."

A smiling Pyrrha put a proud hand on his shoulder, though Jaune looks uneasy about it, despite his smiling expression he has going on. Only for Nora to pop up behind Juane.

Nora: "Good for you, Jaune!"

She slaps him on the back, causing to fall to the ground by sheer force of her slap, prompting the audience to laugh at this.

Jaune: "Oww..."

Nora: "Oops!"

As they left the stage with Nora apologizing to Jaune, Ozpin continues speaking.

Ozpin: "And finally: Blake Hemlock. Ruby Rose. Weiss Schnee. Yang Xiao Long. Step forward."

As instructed, the four girls head to the stage just like the previous teams.

Ozpin: "The four of you retrieved the white knight pieces. From this day forward, you will work together as Team RWBY. Led by..."

The smirking Weiss begin to step forward, thinking the headmaster is about to call her name, until he declares. 

Ozpin: "Ruby Rose!"

Weiss looks to her right in horrified disbelief. Blake simply has her eyebrows perked. And Yang had a brief and uneasy look on her face before going to hug her little sister.

Yang: "I'm so proud of you!"

As the crowd applause, Ozpin then motion Team RWBY to step back from the stage. As all of this is happening, Y/N is applauding to his new friends. He soon gets nervous as he's sweating bullets, pondering to himself.

Y/N: ("Shit! I lost the red chess piece! I don't know where it is. I still got the playing cards but, will Ozpin even allow it. Ugh, I wouldn't be so nervous if Ozpin wasn't planning to mention me not having a partner or a relic. Why couldn't he just secretly tell me only and not do in front of everyone?!")

He waves at Team RWBY as they run to him.

Y/N: "Congrats, guys. You too, Ruby for being the leader."

Ruby: "Thanks, Y/N. But what about you?"

She motions that no one is around as everyone are already in a team but, him. Y/N scratches the back of his head.

Y/N: "W-Well, I-"