Chapter 32

Back at Tuckson's bookstore, Blake and Yang are settling in for the night with Yang taking Tuckson's couch. During some pleasant conversation, the White Fang crops up.

Blake: "I heard rumors of them suddenly committing more crimes inside of Vale."

Yang: "Huh, that news never reached to Beacon's rumor mill."

Blake: "Well, it doesn't help that I avoid anything White Fang related while at Beacon. Still, I don't know why the White Fang would do any crime in Vale. It's arguably one of the nicest kingdoms towards the Faunus. I wonder, if them being framed is true or not?"

Yang: "Frame?"

Tuckson joins and chimes in.

Tuckson: "I'm surprised you heard about those rumors, Blake. Someone is trying to frame the White Fang for their own crimes."

Blake: "That... That's horrible. If that's true, then these crimes are only going to affect badly to the public's perception of the Faunus, and it'll just make the White Fang more violent in return for their damaged reputation."

Yang then gets an idea of clearing the White Fang's name.

Yang: "The only way to prove that they didn't do these crimes, is to go to the place where people would expect the White Fang to rob and end up not finding them. Right?"

Blake and Tuckson both blink at Yang's logic, giving them seconds of pause until Tuckson comments. 

Tuckson: "Hmm... there are priceless art pieces from Mantle being shipped in for the Vytal Festival."

Blake and Yang already knew how precious these pieces are because the censorship of art in Mantle during Oobleck's history class. Determined, Yang and Blake set off to stop the crime with Yang sending a quick message to Ruby and Y/N to meet them at the docks where the art pieces are being sent.

(Beacon's Dorm Rooms)

Meanwhile, Ruby, who is eating pancakes with Weiss, Y/N, and JNPR, being interrupted by the message. Everyone in the room (Team JNPR's dorm to be exact) seems to be having a good time but, Ruby's eyes bug out at the message as she grabs Weiss with Y/N now reading the message Yang sent.

 Y/N: ("Ah, crap.")

Before booking out of JNPR's dorm with Weiss, Ruby turn to look at Y/N.

Ruby: "Y/N! We gotta go! Bye, guys!"

Y/N chase after them, saying his goodbye to Team JNPR. 

Nora: "Eh."

Nora just shrugs it off and continues eating while the other three just watch in confusion. Jaune looks at Ren.

Jaune: "What was that about?"

Ren: "I have no idea."

________________________________________________________________________________

When Yang and Blake arrive to the docks, they find the dock's guards and workers either unconscious or dead with the place crawling with White Fang imposters. Blake also spots Roman among them.

Roman: "Hey! What's the holdup!?"

The thieves look up at Roman gesturing widely and coming down the ramp.

Roman: "We're not exactly the most inconspicuous bunch of thieves at the moment, so why don't you idiots try and pick up the pace?"

In her rage and frustration over these imposters, Blake quickly sneaks over to hold him hostage from behind.