Chapter 12

(Beacon's Dorm Rooms)

Sunlight hit Y/N's eyes as he quickly jumps out of bed, breathing heavily from a nightmare he just had. He calms himself down before steadily yawning and stretching his arms. He decides to take a shower as he begins to touch his back, feeling the multiple scars scattered on his back. Like Grimm Slayer, a constant reminder of himself along with unable to stop people like Adam and the Lieutenant who stray from their original goal with the White Fang. Hoping that Darius will be a different story. Once out of the shower, Y/N's expression instantly went dark once he looks at himself in the bathroom mirror, remembering the nightmare he had just now. He takes a slow and deep breath before staring back at the mirror.

Y/N: ("Calm down. It was just a dream. You had these multiple times already. This shouldn't be new to you.")

Once he's out of the bathroom, he wore his school uniform. It was 'tacky' to say the least, but he's sure he'll get used to it.

Y/N: ("Signal never had uniforms like these before. I don't think they even have school uniforms, at all. And honestly, not bad.")

Normally, he does his morning exercises, but since this is his first day in class, he'll have to make an exception for today. He overhears some voices from Team RWBY's dorm. Thinking that they're all awake, Y/N decide to head to their dorm as he knocks on their door. The one who answer it is Ruby, wearing her school uniform.

Ruby: "Oh, morning, Y/N! You're up early."

Y/N: "Hm, same goes for you."

He looks up to see Yang in her PJ, still sleeping and giggling to herself on her bed. Blake is wearing her school uniform but is still reading her book. As for Weiss, she's still asleep and wearing her nightgown.

Y/N: "Looks like Ice Queen hasn't woken up."

Ruby has a mischievous smile on her face as she takes out a whistle from her bag.

Ruby: "Ta-da!"

He stares at her for a bit before smirking as well.

Y/N: "Well, whistle away."

Ruby blew the whistle as the high-pitched sound startle Weiss from her sleep, causing her to fall off her bed and to the floor. Yang slowly chuckles at this. 

Ruby: "Good morning, Team RWBY and Y/N!"

Weiss glared at the red-hooded girl.

Weiss: "What on Remnant is wrong with you!? Why did you do that to wake me up!?"

Ruby doesn't respond her questions as she continues.

Ruby: "Now that you're awake, we can now officially begin our first order of business."

The heiress gets up from the floor and brushes herself off. 

Weiss: "Excuse me?"

Ruby: "Decorating!"

Y/N: "Yeah!"

Yang sluggishly speaks up.

Yang: "Yeeah..."

Blake raises her fist in the air a little, trying to be excited like her team leader.

Blake: "Y-Yeah..."

Weiss look at the sluggish Yang. 

Weiss: "What happen to her?"

Y/N gives a "I don't know" look and Blake responds.

Blake: "Yang went out celebrating late at night with her friends. Now, she's going through a hangover."

Y/N: "Ooohh..."