Chapter 6

After a good night sleep, Y/N quickly gets up as he hears Glynda's voice through the monitors, informing us to get ready to take the initiation, and our gears will be located in our locker numbers in the near locker room. After hearing this, Y/N take a deep breath.

Y/N: "Well, it's time-"

???: "It's morning, it's morning, it's morning!"

Y/N turns his direction to a hyper ginger-haired girl as she drags a black-haired guy with pink highlights across and out the room.

 Y/N felt sorry for the guy, he probably goes through that on daily basis. After Y/N changed his clothes, he heads to the school's cafeteria for some breakfast. He spots the same talkative ginger and silent guy sitting on their table. Y/N decide to approach them, thinking they might be friendly.

Y/N: "Hey, mind if I sit here?"

Ginger-haired girl: "Sure! The name's Nora Valkyrie and this guy over here is Lie Ren."

Y/N: "I'm Y/N L/N. Um... if you don't mind me asking, but are you two a thing?"

Nora: "Oh, we're not really together-together."

She then rambles on about trying to get them in the same team, despite not being together-together as Nora claims. When Y/N ask if he's included to which Nora said, "You look strong enough." This continued all the way once they reach the locker room, until Ren grabbed his weapons from his locker.

Ren: "Nora?"

He then concealed his weapons in his sleeves.

Nora: "Yes, Ren?"

Ren: "I don't think sloths make a lot of noise."

Nora pauses for a moment only to grin back at him.

Nora: "That's why it's perfect! No one will suspect we're working together."

Y/N: "If that's true, then you shouldn't be seen together all day by anyone at all. Wouldn't that be more efficient?"

The two glances at each other before Y/N turn walk away, realizing that he made things a little awkward between them.

Y/N: "Well, I'll be going to find my lockers. Bye, you two."

Nora cheerfully waves him off as Ren stare after him. Y/N goes to find his locker room until he runs into a worried Ruby by her locker along with Yang, He decide to see what's up.

Y/N: "Hey, girls. Why the long face?"

Yang: "I keep telling her that she won't grow unless she meets new people."

Ruby: "Ugh, you sound like dad. Look, I don't need people to help me grow up. 'I' drink a lot of milk and that's all I need. Besides, I operate just fine without teammates before so, why should training to be a Huntress make a difference?"