Chapter - 9

WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE QUITTING, THINK ABOUT WHY YOU STARTED.

Shreya's POV :

Now it's time to receive some humiliation from Keerthi 's parents.

It's nothing new for me. People like me always face this kind of situation. We can't do anything to stop this.

" So how are you, Shreya?" Keerthi' s mom asked.

" I'm fine aunty" I said meekly.

" Yeah, you should be happy after disturbing other people's life" she said with sarcasm. Here goes her taunting.

" Aunty, I...."

" Oh, please Shreya, don't start your acting" she said giving me a disgusting look.

" You always spoil my daughter's life and future in the name of your friendship. But, I trusted you this time that you will leave her alone, but no you always stick to her like a fevicol" she said gritting her teeth.

I looked down unable to meet her furious eyes.

" Now, why are you looking down? Say something or cat caught your tongue" she asked.

" No aunty, I convinced her to study in this school" I said.

" Oh really! You convinced her or you already knew you will come to this school so you acted like convincing her" she said venomously.

" No aunty, I got this offer just a week before.." I said but she cut me off.

" Shut up, I told you from the start that I don't like you near my daughter. She is a princess of our family, but she want to be with an orphan like you "she shouted.

Tears started to form in my eyes. I don't want this God, please. What is my mistake as I born as an orphan.

Look at my situation my Keerthi loves me so much, so I can't hurt her but for that I have to endure this abusing words.

" Why are you looking down? Look at me when I'm talking to you, mannerless girl" she said last word under her breath, but I can hear that.

I look at her with tear in my eyes.

" Sorry, aunty" I said truly.

" Hell with your sorry, do me one thing just leave from here and don't try to study in this school" she said and I look at her with my teary eyes.

Tears started to flow from my eyes. It's feeling like someone poured a bucket of cold water on me.

How can I? How can I miss this chance? This opportunity means a lot to me, how can I leave this opportunity just like that. No, no I can't do this.

" Please, aunty don't do this to me please. This is a big opportunity for me. It's about my future aunty. Please, let me live my life" I said joining my hands.

" Don't do this drama in front of me. People like you always find a reason to stick with a high standard people like us and what did you say? It's about your future, then what about my daughter's future?

I was warning you since primary standard to leave her alone, but you never listen to me, Atleast listen to me now " she shouted in anger. I flinched because of her shouting.

" No aunty, I can't do this, please don't force me " I said with hope that she will understand me.

But she glared at me and raised her hand to slap me but uncle stopped her. She sighed and said,

" Okay, leave that, study in this school only I'll not force you "

" Thank you aunty, thank you so much " I said happily.