Chapter - 17

Happiness mainly comes from our own attitude, rather than from external factors.

Shreya's POV :

I joined in music club. Yes, I decided not to join in any club, but I want to prove myself. I don't even know what I did to that Vinay sir? He is always insult me.

I can't bear his insult anymore. So I wanted to prove myself, not only to him but everyone.

Maybe I don't have any family background, but I have my identity.

" Okay students, everyday last period will be your practice time for extra curricular activities" mam announced.

Next period is the last period. Oh no!, there will be many students. I sighed.

" What happened Shreya?" Keerthi asked me.

" Nothing new, I'm nervous" I said. Yes, it born with me, fear.

" Don't be nervous babes. You will rock" she said. I gave her a boring look. She always say this.

" Hi girls" said Rohan coming towards us with a grin.

" What do you want now?" Keerthi asked him.

" Why can't I come and talk to you?" he asked.

She rolled her eyes at his question. Hehe, she is funny.

" By the way, I came here to talk to Shreya, not you" he said. She glared at him.

" Idiot" she said. He ignored her royally.

" Hey Shreya, why did you do that? I thought you will choose art club, but you disappointed me" he said more like complaining.

Oh God!!

" Why?" Keerthi asked.

" Because I'm in art club" he said grinning. Thank God!! I didn't choose that club.

" I'm also in art club, Are you feeling happy, Rohan?" a girl asked him.

" Yeah yeah, I'm very happy" he said rolling his eyes.

" Leave him. Hi guys I'm Neha" she said looking at me and Keerthi.

" Hello, I'm Keerthi and this is Shreya" she said.

At the same time school bell rang indicating this is last period.

Art, music and dance club students are asked to assemble in auditorium.

" What about other clubs?" asked Keerthi.

" That can't be practice in auditorium so, those activities will be conduct after school" said Neha. We gasped.

" You mean there will be extra time for other classes after school?" Keerthi asked and she nodded.

" Thank God! We didn't join in that clubs" Keerthi sighed.

" Why are you silent?" she asked me.

" She is always like this only" said Keerthi. I glared at her.

" No, it'll take some time for me to mingle with new people" I said politely. Her mouth went to 'o' shape.

" Why did you join music club? If you chose dance club then we will be in the same group now" Keerthi asked pouting.

" No, I have to dance in front of others if I chose dance club" I said.

" Then, what will you do in music club? Will you hide your face with mask?" asked Keerthi rolling her eyes.

" You guys are so funny" said Neha, earning glare from us.

" No, I'll only play keyboard or piano. So, I'll not come in a limelight" I said proudly.

" What a great thought? You are very intelligent" she said sarcastically. I pouted.

" Okok, don't make that face" she said sighing and I grinned.

" So, you know dance also?" asked Neha.

" She is an amazing dancer" said Keerthi.

" Really? Then you should join in dance club" she said.

" No, I'm not interested" I said.

" Not only dance but she is a good artist also" said Keerthi.

" Wow! You are multi talented" she said with a big smile.

" What is the use? When she not ready to show that talents to others" Keerthi said with disappointment.

We are asked to split into groups according to our clubs.

I joined other students in music club.

" Ok students, I have selected team leaders for each clubs. Now you can start your session. I'll not disturb you" Vinay sir said and went from there.

" Hi guys, I'm your team leader. Myself Darun. Many of you know about me but for new students I'm introducing myself. I play guitar.

I got many prizes by Participating many competitions and inter school culturals. This year also I want to achieve many things. For that I want all your cooperation and dedication.

Now you can yourself and your talent in music" he said. I remember him, he is one of that twins, Darun.

One by one all introduce themselves. It is my turn.

" Myself Shreya and I can play piano as well as keyboard" I said.

" Good, next" he said. Like this we all introduce ourselves and he noted our interest in music.

" Ok, now this group will be split into three. Musicians, Singers and Chorus.

Who all can play music instruments you can join me.

Those who can sing, you can join with Riya" he said. Wow! He is so confident.

" But Darun, I can also sing well. Why are you always favoring , Riya?" asked Sara.

" Why are you thinking like that? She is a good singer. She also won two competitions last year" he said.

" But give me a chance? I also want a chance to prove myself" she said arrogantly.

Why is she behaving like this??

" What is your opinion, Riya?" he asked. When I saw her, she is gulping looking at Sara and She is glaring at her.

"It's ok, Darun. We should give chance to others also" she said.

" Ok then" he said.

Then we split into three groups. Darun assigned in cahrge for each group. He is in charge for our group.

" Ok guys, I know you all can play instruments, but I want to check your level. So please, one by one come and play your instruments" he said.

One by one all the students started to play their instruments and he said some corrections to them and also appreciated them.

Good thing is they provide music instruments also, because I don't have one.

I played keyboard in my turn and he said " Good, you are playing well. How did you learn?"

" In church" I said.

" Church? " he asked.

" Yes. I used to play keyboard and piano in church since childhood" I said.

" Can you sing also?" he asked.

" No" I said immediately. I can sing but I don't want anyone to know about that.

What if they want me to sing in stage? No I can't, because I have very bad stage fear.

" Ok" he said. That day went like that.

***************

Hello guys!

How was the chapter? I hope you all like this chapter!!!

If you have any suggestions you can tell me.

Do you have stage fear? 😉Comment!!

If you like this chapter, then VOTE!!