Chapter - 28

Dance like no one is watching , Sing like no one listening and live everyday like it's your last day.

Shreya's POV:

What the hell just happened? Am I looking really cute? Nah, that was not true. But why did he said like that? Was he flirting with me? That can't be true. Arjun can never do that.

Then, why did he say that? Ahhh he is confusing me.

" Down to earth girl " Neha shouted near my ears.

" Don't shout , girl " I said rubbing my ears. She and her antics.

" Then what are you expecting from me when you zoning out like this for the past half an hour? " She asked raising her eyebrows.

" Arggh nothing. Now write this " I said pointing the paragraph in our text book. After 15 minutes she finally completed her assignment.

" Finally " We both said at the same time and giggled looking at each other's face.

" Why didn't Keerthi attend the class today " Neha asked me. Smile in my face disappeared thinking about her.

Where did she go? I'm missing her. This girl.. I'm gonna kill her one day.

" Ooii Shreya, what are you doing here? It's time for our practice " Darun informed her entering into the classroom.

" Ooo, sorry. I totally forgot about that " I said and stood up to go for practice immediately.

" Why can't you just practice without her? " Neha asked glaring at him. He also glared at her in return and...

" Varun is searching for you and he was looking so angry " He said with a mischievous smile.

" Ohh shit. He is going to kill me for sure. Bye Shreya " She said and ran from there immediately. We looked at her clumsy run and burst out laughing.

I was heading towards hostel when a car stopped in front of me. I looked at the car in anger when two people stepped out of the car.

Oh God. It's Keerthi's parents. What are they doing here at this time? If they are here then what about Keerthi? Where is she? Is she fine? Many questions are running in my mind when I heraed a throat clearing sound. I looked up and shocked to see Keerthi's parents looking at me with a smile on their face.

" H.. He.. Hello aunty " I whished her while surttering.

" Hello Shreya. How are you? " She asked me with a extra sweet smile. I looked at her with my wide eyes.

Is she really my Keerthi's mom? Suddenly I have this doubt. But I can sense something fishy. I think she hide something big by this sweet smile of her.

" I'm fine aunty. What about you? " I asked her meekly remembering our previous encounter.

" We are totally fine, now " She said pressing the now word and I needed my head still feeling something suspicious about her behaviour.

" Aunty, where is Keerthi and why didn't she atten school today? " I asked her. Because she is the who can able to answer for this question.

" Oh that, she is not feeling well today" She informed.

I panicked hearing her words. What happened to my Keerthi? How is she now? I didn't waste any time further and asked her.

" Aunty , What happened to Keerthi? How is she now? "

" Nothing to worry, Shreya. Just a mild headache, nothing serious " She informed me and I sighed in relief.

" Will she come tomorrow? " I asked her.

" Ahh actually, we came here to talk about that only but before that what about coffee? " She asked me. I looked at her surprised. Oh God, what happened to her all of sudden.

" N.. No aunty. I have to reach orphanage on the time. Otherwise they will panick" I said immediately not in a mood to go with her.

" Come on Shreya. They are not your parents and relatives to always think about you and your safety " She said. Ouch! That hurts. Why should she always taunt me like this? When will she realise that she is hurting me with her words.

Tears started to brim in my eyes but I didn't let that flow. I won't give her that satisfaction today.

I looked down and blinked my eyes several times to get rid off that single drop tear.

" Hey Shreya, what are you doing here? " Oh hell. I heard Darun's voice from behind and my eyes widen in shock. Why did he come here?

I turned around and there another shock was waiting for me. Not only Darun but Varun and Arjun also there with him. God! Hoppy, why are torturing me like this?

" Shreya " He called me again.

" Huh "

" I asked something? " He said while looking at me. My eyes shifted to Arjun who was looking at keenly with a frown on his forehead. What happened to him? Why is he looking at me like that?

" Ahh. Nothing " I said shifting my eyes from him.

" It's late, Shreya. You should go now. Otherwise you'll be late and it's not safe for you to roam around at this time" Arjun said and a beautiful smile broke on my face hearing his words.

I have someone to care for me. Not only Arjun but also Varun , Darun and Neha. They are gifts which God has given for me. I nodded my head looking at them.

" Who are they? " Varun asked me pointing his finger behind me. That's when I realise Keerthi's mom and dad was with me.

" Huh. They are Keerthi's parents " I said slowly.

" Oh hello aunty. Hello uncle " Varun and Darun said but Arjun was still looking at me. What is his problem?

" Hello boys. Are you Shreya's friends? " She asked raising her eyebrows with some attitude.

" Yeah " Varun said and she nodded her head.

" Fine. Shreya, are you coming with me or not? " She asked me.

" But aunty, I have to go " I said.

" Then, that's your lose. Don't complain that I didn't tell you this in future " She said and opened her car door but turned towards me and said something which shook me to the core.

" You are not gonna meet Keerthi, hereafter "

                   ********************

Hey guys!!

How was the chapter? I hope you all like this chapter!!

If you like this chapter, then VOTE!!!!

                                                          - Miya 😘