Chapter - 15

Always be yourself and have faith in yourself. Do not go out and look for a successful personality and try to duplicate it.

Thank you guys for 100 reads!!!

Shreya's POV :

It's been a week, I have joined in this school. I like this school very much.

All the students studying here comes from a rich family background, So I thought they would treat me differently, avoid me and tease me.

But no, they never tease me or talk to me rudely.

This school is much better than my old school.

Yeah, I have some problems here also, but it's doesn't affect me like before.

My first problem is Rohan. He always try to talk to me unnecessarily and I don't like that. I never talk to others unnecessarily.

I used to avoid him every time when he came to talk to me. Moreover Keerthi was with me, she support me every time.

She told him that I don't like to talk much and warned him. But he didn't take her words seriously, always trying to make conversation with me. So, I just used to ignore him.

Another problem is Vinay sir. He is teaching Mathematics to our class. I don't know why but he doesn't like me and I don't care.

He always ask many questions to me during maths class. No no not for my improvement, he is trying to find a way to punish me.

I really don't know what is his problem.

Apart from those two persons, I like everything here.

Anyways Keerthi is with me all the time. So I don't have to face any problems. Her support and love is enough for me.

I reached near the school gate and there Keerthi was waiting for me. I went near her and tapped her shoulder. She turned around to face me with her hands on her chest.

" Oh God, Shreya you scared me" she said whining.

" Sorry" I said sheepishly. She shook her head.

" How was your weekend?" I asked her as we started to move inside the school campus.

" It was really good, Cutie. My crazy cousins came to my house. We went to shopping, amusement park, movie and beach. It was amazing" she said in a single breath with excitement.

" Calm down, girl" I said smiling at her excitement.

" Hehe, I was just excited. Now, Tell me how was your weekend?" she asked me.

" As usual. Nothing special. Yesterday a family came to our orphanage to celebrate their anniversary. They donated some money, food and clothes for us" I said.

" Why some people are like to show off their money?" she asked irritated.

" No Keerthi, they are not showing off their money. They are helping others" I said to her.

" How comes it is helping. They are making others who don't have money to feel low of themselves" she said.

" Why are you thinking like that? You know what Keerthi, children in our orphanage don't have good food and clothes including me.

We don't have good food, clothes, study materials and things for school. At this suitcase the food, clothes and money they are donating for us is very important and it's means a lot to us " I said, because I know how important those things to us.

Those people are good who want to help needy people. They are great .

" But... " she was about to say something.

" No Keerthi. Things you people can buy, just like that are impossible for us. It may be simple thing for you but it's means a lot to us.

You could, saw how children in our orphanage enjoyed the food yesterday. They had big smile on their faces. We can't buy anything when we want to, so people like them are like God for us" I said emotionally. I know that pain.

" Hey cutie, please baby don't cry. I'm really sorry" she said wiping my tears. I didn't even realize when tears started to flow from my eyes. Traitor tears.

" No Keerthi. It's not your fault. I just remembered my childhood" I said to her sincerely. She hugged me tightly.

After wiping my tears, we started to walk further. In corridor I saw him, Arjun. Whenever we met, he used to smile at me. But me being me, always nodded my head lightly.

Today also he smiled at me. We entered in our classroom. Here comes the headache,Rohan.

" Hey Shreya, good morning" he said grinning. I nodded my head and sat in my place. It's not like I avoid people, but it will take some time for me to be comfortable around them.

" Doesn't he have any other work?" Keerthi asked glaring at him. I shrugged my shoulder.

" Students, today onwards you are going to split into groups for extra curricular activities. There are many categories, you can choose whatever you want" mam said suddenly entering inside the classroom.

" Mam, what are the categories?" Keerthi asked.

" Art, music, dance, football, hockey, swimming, chess, running and volleyball" mam said.

" Ok mam" she said.

" The in charge staff will come to collect your names after lunch" mam said.

" Mam, who is the in charge staff?" a girl asked.

" I think, Vinay sir will be the in charge staff for extra curricular activities this year" mam said and colors in my face drained. Keerthi also look shocked.

" Wow, what a great day!!" I said sarcastically.

" It's all fate" Keerthi said shaking her head.

" In which club do you want to join?" I asked her.

" Of course dance club" she said in a duh tone.

" Of course you will become crazy when it comes to dance" I said smiling.

" What about you?" she asked.

" I don't want to join in anything" I said shrugging my shoulder.

" Because of Vinay sir?" she asked.

" No. I'm not interested in anything. About Vinay sir, I don't care. I don't even know anyone here other than you. " I said.

" So what? Cutie please join" she said.

" Ok I'll try, but In which club?" I asked.

" Of course you can join in art, dance and music clubs. You are the best when it comes to these things" she said.

" Ok, I'll think about this" I said.

" Don't think about anyone and anything, just think about you" she said and I smiled at her.

She is the best friend anyone could wish to have.

To be frank, I'm scared. That Vinay sir always find a way to scold me or insult me. I don't want to give him a chance to degrade me. So, I already decided, I'll not join in any extra curricular activities.

*************

Hello guys!!

How was the chapter? I hope you all like this chapter!!

If you have any suggestions you can tell me.

What will you do, if you are in Shreya's place??? 😉Comment!!

If you like this chapter, then VOTE!!

- Miya 😘