Not a Business

Forth looked happy, as he should be. Ming could feel some sort of jealousy with that smile.

“Come join us” ming’s eyes zeroed  at the inviting hand, offered by forth. Pushing ever so light urge to answer affirmatively ming shook his head. Forth looked at ming, then again the kids, he just sighed & bid his farewell to them deciding to accompany his husband in his silence.

“You can go, I am fine here” ming silently mumbled, seeing forth taking his seat next to him.

“I want to” forth answered. A minute of silence flew between them as ming is now concentrating on his ice-cream & forth is contemplating how to start a conversation.

“The weather is nice, isn’t it?” forth asked, ming just hummed in reply.

“How’s your ice cream?” another futile attempt, made by forth & this time Ming didn't have any reply for the time being, giving forth the thought of being ignored.

“You don’t have to do this?” ming said after a span of silence,

“What?”

“This, being nice to me. Doing things for me. Trying to take care of me. You don’t have to be concerned about me, I am good on my own” ming spoke his mind out, he just wanted forth to know, his attempts will never be fruitful.

“What is the problem in doing all that?” forth asked, still unable to reason his beloved’s words,

“I won't be able to pay you back”

“Pay me back, as in pay my kindness back?” forth could feel his anger rising a bit, thinking of how low ming think of him.

“I am not asking for anything, I love you & it’s not a business that requires give and take, you don’t even have to concern yourself with such trivial things” again ming’s lips sewed themselves against forth,

“The only thing that I expect from you is let me love you. Just don’t push me away” forth requested, he was waiting for his reply,

“Waiting for me won’t take you anywhere” the words silently left ming's lips even before his mind can interfere.

“It's too late for that” forth shrugged, he dejectedly walked to the bike. Ming could see the clear drop in other’s cheerful mood, but he didn’t knew what to say.
Ming silently took his seat, on the bike & their descend began. The wind no longer carried that warmth, people were not smiling like before, everything seemed gloomy to him.

Forth stopped the bike in front of the door, ming hopped off the bike, he looked at forth for some sort of words not sure of whether expecting other to speak or wants to say himself. He just looked at him, clamping his lips. Forth noticed other's gaze but didn't complained he just ignite the engine to move towards parking & before he could go to park the bike, ming spoke,

“I am sorry, I didn’t meant to….” The lack of words had his lips sewed.

“It’s okay, just that it would hurt less if you would think of appreciating instead of compensating” forth started the bike again & went away.