The Library

Forth finished his breakfast first & as a reflex his eyes took themselves to the boy sitting next to him, the one who is taking small bites & nibbling on it like a squirrel.

Forth’s heart warmed & lips curled seeing the cute sight. Forth’s eyes lingered a bit longer for ming to notice, whose eyes snapped to the puppy eyes & then everyone present on the table looking at their love sick kid.

Ming panicked, having so many eyes on him, he then looked at the cause who was still in his pink world. Anyone could see him internally rolling his eyes, at his husband, but due to good luck of the other he couldn’t do anything apart from kicking his foot under the table.

To say forth was shocked with sudden pain in his heel would be understatement, he could barely contain himself from yelping.

His eyes found the criminal for his pain, who is silently giggling, lips trembling like rose petals in warm breeze, for the first time forth saw ming giggling although it was vivid, clear enough that the other was pressing it down but as the effect of contagious smile forth’s white pearly teeth made the appearance. 

In between his small laughter forth turned to his family, his body straightened on it’s own along with the rouge laugh.

“Sorry” although mumbling of this word wasn’t much required as no one took offence of his smile, well how could they, when they have always silently wished to have other carry the smile all his life.

One thing that has silently engraved in his family’s mind in the breakfast is that if anyone could make forth smile like this is ming, but the stressing fact is it’s also the same person who can make him wail.

“Forth” ming’s voice has forth’s steps halted which were going towards his car, forth turned to find ming standing carrying the lunchbox.

“Oh sorry, I forgot” forth says, he makes a move to take the box but ming stood there still, .

“What is it?”

“It’s………………. actually…………………. I am sorry for last night. For what I said & I did both, I shouldn’t have” ming’ words had forth chuckle,

“You like to apologise don’t you” he teased,

“Yeah…. Umm no, I said wrong so I should apologise” forth smirked & inched towards the stammering boy,

“Well then you are lucky, because I am in a good mood today, so I forgive you” ming gave a shy grateful half smile,

“Is there anything left, or I am free to go”

“Oh sorry, here you go” ming handed him the box, which forth gleefully received. He turned to the car only to turn back, as he remembered something,

“oh by the way, my name along with this beautiful smile has took my heart away” ming’s eyes widened hearing the cheesy lines, clearly caught off guard,

“Do you always flirt with everyone like this” ming couldn’t help but ask the other about his overwhelmingly irritating self.