The War

“Are you sure this is all you need” forth asked after assessing the list of items that ming has handed him, which somewhat looked short. Ming just hummed at that.

“Are you sure you have not missed anything? What about food colours & different flavours & the creams?”

“I don’t use artificial food colours, mae used to say it is not good for health. And flavours or creams can be made here, the more homemade things are the better” ming answered, his eyes were set on the containers, kept on the kitchen slab by housemaid.

“Now that you have used mother-in-law card, I rest my case sir. I’ll be back as soon as possible” forth’s choice of words did it’s work as a soft smile spread on ming’s pink lips.

True to his words forth sprinted back & forth with lightening speed. By the time forth came, ming was done with roasting almonds & grinding pistachio. He has decided to make a pistachio cake with almond garnishing.

“Here, are the flour, Whole cream milk, baking soda, milk powder & different sized icing nozzles & piping bags are over there”  ming’s eyes grazed all over the contents checking for the items & expiries. He gave a nod contended with the shopping.

“Thanks, now you can wait out I’ll call you when I’ll be done” ming spoke while continuing to grind the dry fruits.

“Is there anything I can help you with?” for forth it would have been waste if he let his beautiful husband do all the hardships alone.

“You know, how to cook?” ming asked, surprised clearly not expecting the princeling to do hardship.

“I know cooking. Psst! Baby I am pro in it” forth confidently boasted, fanning himself like a diva.

“Ohh, that’s great. Then can you go to the stove & make condensed milk” ming commanded, but his words had fused forth’s circuit.

If he were a comic cartoon, you could have witnessed eyes bulging out of his socket, & the blue tension lines on his forehead due to the fear of his lie coming in light.

What can you expect from a rich spoilt brat who can eat every cuisine on single demand, then it’s platonic if he had never stepped a foot in the kitchen.

But now his reputation is at stake, couldn’t let his husband think that he is incompetent of doing simple thing. He inhaled a deep cold breath, & tried to decode his husband’s words.

He has to make condensed milk, milk is milk nothing to make in it, & condense the process of over heating. So condensed milk is overheating the milk.

Huh such easy peasy. No need to stress over it.

Forth confidently moved to bring the milk out of fridge, put it on stove & lightened the flame. First step complete, he did an inner victory dance.

Once done, forth’s eyes on their own went to the shorter boy in the room. Ming was very much immersed in slicing the almonds carefully.