From Apart

“Will you guarantee that you will bring the person to me. Alive” forth ushered, ming’s pleas. Ming was baffled hearing the other, his palms on their own cupped the other’s bicep, bringing the attention to himself.

“Don’t, we can find another way” he pleaded the other to prevail him from predicted destruction. Forth’s eyes, for a moment lingered over ming’s concerned features. His heart warmed at the caring gesture adorning his lips with a soft smile.

“My record would be at stake. Why do you think that I would like to jeopardize it?” the old man’s words forced forth to look in his way.

“I neither believe your words nor trust your record. I want an agreement” ming’s curled hand tightened it’s grip on his hand.

“Don’t do this please. please don’t” ming whisper chanted near forth’s ear, & in return he just offered him a soft smile accompanied by ‘it’s okay’. The third person in the room witnessed everything, but decided to not speak anything.

“What kind of agreement?” he calmly asked,

“The agreement stating, that if you fail to find the culprit in one year then you will have to return all my money, along with a public apology towards my husband, stating your failure” forth’s sharp words poured like acid in old man’s ears. The man growled like thunder,

“How dare you punk, at first you disregarded my expertise. Now you are asking me to apologise such thing”

“MY HUSBAND IS NO THING. And if you can’t do it then back off, there are tons of better people who would be willing to” ming was secretly pleading that the other will deny but his hopes went down when he answered affirmatively.

Agreement documents came in no time, the zeroes scribbled in the paper were everything that ming could see as they was traumatic. They can haunt anyone in their worst nightmares & here his husband didn’t pondered once before signing the sheet.

Ming knew that these numbers were going to clutch forth like shackles giving him sleepless nights but he miserably failed to make him see the fact.

.
“Ming…. Ming atleast listen to me” then angry young man was found running behind his husband like a puppy. Ming’s angry long strides were followed by forth’s desperate ones.

And at the end he was successful catching up the other.

“Ooiii just listen to me for once”

“Why should I listen to you when you clearly don’t” ming’s flaming words bombarded over poor forth,

“It’s not like that I ……”

“What is not like that, huh! Why did you did that in there. Why the hell do you do things like that. What do you gain from it huh! Nothing . then why can’t you stop being a hero?”

“Because I am your hero” forth flashed his million dollar smile, to croon his husband but for the first time neither his cheesy words nor the smile could stop ming from spiting fire, rather the poor soul was continuously getting hit by the arrows.