Price to Pay

Ming’s heart was thumping in his chest, trying it’s best to knock off the poor bony structure. His limbs were iced, in fear of different probabilities of future as he stood outside of detectives office, with his husband. The emotions inside him were somewhat mixed of hope which came along with the fear of not accomplishing the desired result.

Forth obviously noticed his husband’s turmoil,
“Hey, what is it?” forth’s soft whisper dragged ming away from his inner conflict,

“Nothing, am just scared” ming was well aware that the detective was one of the best in the country, he even before marriage has tried to reach him, but couldn’t and now due to his husband’s influence ming was this near, but still the constant fear didn’t left his hands.

Hearing ming’s answer, forth dragged ming away from the office to a solitude place, he made ming sit on the side wall,
“Close your eyes & take deep breaths” forth ordered calmly,

“I am okay, we don……” “Just do as I say, close your eyes” after being told twice ming with a sigh followed the childish act.

Ming closed his eyes & took a breath, he was about to open his eyes when forth’s palm covered his eyes with minimal contact.

“Keep them closed & take deeper breaths consecutively” forth retraced his warmth from other’s eyes, ming repeated the action, with more patience this time.

Soon he felt forth’s touch lingering over his wrist. His fingers weren’t exactly touching his as there was no tingle, but warmth was there.

“Now keep your palm on your heart, & say ‘oh God today I am going to take an important step in my life please help me so I won’t fall” hearing the words ming’s eyes opened & a glare followed by,

“I don’t believe in God” ming stated, leaving no room for discussion, forth decided to let it go,

“Fine then pray to mom, she is also up there, ask her for help” ming’s cheeks flushed, hearing forth calling his mother ‘mom’.

This time convinced ming closed his eyes took a deep breath & spoke,
“Mae, today is an important day, you know na~ how I get scared without you please help me, I don’t want to mess it up” forth could see ming’s lips trembling, the boy was clearly trying to keep haywire of emotions in control.

Forth’s hand on their own moved to hold the other’s, sending comforting tingles to the other.

After some minutes Ming opened his eyes, the light suddenly changed around him, forth suddenly started glowing in eyes, dressed like a prince smiling & kneeling in front of his princess in a flower valley. Ming head tilted on it’s own, seeing the boy looking unearthly beautiful.

“Hey, what happened? What did she said?” forth’s words interrupted his trance, & everything vanished confusing the other.

Ming looked around to check for flower, but nothing was there,
“Ye….yeah, I  saw her, she smiled & kissed my forehead. Motivated me” ming was chapping his lips, a habit of him when he lies, which forth couldn’t detect as he hasn’t known the other for long.

What ming was hiding is that he saw forth with him in there & his mother has given her blessings to both & not to forget the daydream that he just had.