The Gift

As expected forth came running back, early, as his heels were on fire being afar from home. To say ming was surprised by such behaviour would be definitely correct, but somewhere deep down he knew as well expected such an act.

“You shouldn’t have come back, this early. Leaving everything” disappointment was clear as day in ming’s words, he clearly remembered forth chanting about the meeting with a crucial investor that was about to be held at the day.

And in response to the displeased looks of other’s face, forth could only childishly grinned. Testing the other’s patience.

Ming huffed & walked back to the library, allowing the other to contemplate on his wrong deeds. And as the loyal dog to his master, forth followed his mate & sat beside him silently.

Forth looked at his mate to assessed the lengths of his anger, his sharp features, has sharpened with anger. The boy’s jaws were clenched, predatory eyes darting the book, angry whispers of innocent words spat from full lips as his reading progressed.

Forth stefiled a laugh imagining the book shuddering in his death grip.

Ming was trying his best to keep his nose from flaring fire, as the other kept irritating him either by secret glances or sighing like an old man suffering from piles.

The idea of not confronting the other flew out of window as soon as other’s small giggle rung his ears.

Ming gave a hard look to the other, silencing him in the process & barked a “What?” while the other just chuckled with a small ‘nothing’. To ming’s relief forth left him alone, after that, but to his disappointment the relief was short lived as he returned shortly.

Ming’s vision got blocked by a pink curtain, as someone decided to shove a cotton candy directly in his eyes.

And as expected the hard effort of irritating ming succeeded, his burning eyes found it’s way to forth’s face.

As ice falling on fire, ming’s anger sublimised seeing the other’s face, his smile reaching his cresent moon eyes, lips curved around pearly teeth, head slightly tilted.

Every cell in ming yelled cute inside his brain, which couldn’t agree any less.

“The peace treat” forth named the sugary bribe, & keeping the angry façade up ming turned his face in other direction.

“Hoiii, don’t do it like this, I am sorry naa~, I promise I won’t repeat it again” forth went on his knees, his head resting on ground, worshiping his God asking for apology of his sin.

Ming’s lips turned ever so slightly, abit resembling smile seeing the other acting like a scaredy child apologising his mom, but the stoic expression took place the second he realised insolence of his emotions. Made a mental note to keep himself in check especially in front of the other.

He then looked at the person still pleading,
“Fine” although it neither sounded fine nor looked, as the other still had murderous glare, forth decided to trust the word & silently passed the candy to the other, he took his place next to the angry bird, closer than last time enough to feel his body warmth, but not enough to feel the touch.