Intimidating

Forth’s pov

Exhausted, is the only word which can define my state right now. These meetings with government officials are hell, the final blueprint is still yet to get green signal by them, which I think they should as it can’t get any better. But can’t say anything about them, they are more inside than outside.

“Sir, we are home” phi thong alarmed me, from my thoughts. I smiled in his way & walked out.

“Forth come with me. We need to leave” pha rushed to me, scurrying me with himself even before I could enter,

“Wha….. where are we going?” I tried to ask but he only pushed me on the passenger’s seat & started driving.

I stayed silent, waiting for his reply, but he kept driving. Tiredly, with a sigh,  I again
“Are you going to tell me or just gonna ignore me” the question dissolved in the air as he took his time leisurely turning on my way.

“We are going to our spouses” pha spoke, the words filled me with dread.

“Where are they? At this time. Have you tried their phone…. Why ming isn’t picking my phone? When did they left? Who are they gone with? Why the hell are you looking at me, answer you dimwit” he just fucking  chuckled.

“Just because you are 2 minutes older, doesn’t mean you can cuss on me” the fucker had the audacity to show attitude to me.

My tired self could only muster a hard glare in his way.
“Why are you getting all pent up. I just said we are going to them, not to find them. So chill and sit back” Ohhh that’s the point, so I just swallowed my tongue.
I laid back, trying to keep my eye on the road & not to fall asleep.

“So, how’s everything?” pha piqued.

“Huh? What everything?” I asked

“You know. In your life. With ming” he completed, & somehow his words left me surprised.

“What is it today? Huh? Did you hit your head or something?”

“What? Can’t I ask about you? Just Casually” he commented.

“Casually? You never asked casually about my marriage in my nine months of my married life so please enlighten me why suddenly the bulbs are on” I gawked at him, folding my hands against my chest.

“Well maybe because something happened today, that hasn’t happened in last nine months” his words swirled me in a whirlpool of doubt.

“What happened today?” I asked raising my brows suspiciously, but he just gave me a cheeky smile.

All my life if it’s one thing that I have got to know about pha is that if he don’t want to tell something then no-one in this world can open his mouth.

“Your not gonna tell me, aren’t you” I stated the question but again the smile.

“Here we are, get out” I looked around, only to find us in the middle of nowhere.