𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏

Three weeks later

Three weeks later...

"Princess." I walk into Elena's room, remaining as professional as possible. "I have received your schedule for today. You have an important lunch at 1 PM and at 5 PM you are to get ready for the Royal Ball."

The princess's bedroom is sprawling and grand, with high ceilings and ornate furnishings that are a blend of traditional and modern design. The walls are painted in a soft beige hue, and the furniture, upholstery, and drapes are a rich gold velvet that adds a touch of warmth. The bedroom is also illuminated by a combination of chandeliers and sconces.

The bedroom's focal point is a massive four-poster bed adorned with silk curtains that drape down to the floor. The bed is adorned with the finest linens and a myriad of pillows and cushions that are sure to be as comfortable as they are stylish. There's also a sitting area with armchairs upholstered in silk and plush pillows. As if this all wasn't enough, the princess also has a well-stocked minibar, a comfortable sofa, and a large-screen television.

"Yes, Mr. West, I already know my schedule," she replies sassily.

I nod, not wanting to show how much her attitude annoys me. The King and Queen were right; she truly is an interesting one to handle. Very bratty.

After three excruciatingly painful weeks of being her bodyguard, I've begun to learn more about her. She's impulsive and reckless, and she often gets into trouble.

"Great," I reply, leaning back against the wall with my hands behind my back, "let's start with the lunch. I assume you're already dressed for that?" I look her up and down. She certainly looks dressed up.

"Obviously," Princess Elena retorts, rolling her eyes. "How old are you, Mr. West?" she asks me a second later while touching up her makeup by herself.

"I turned nineteen a few months ago," I answer with a blank face, not really wanting to continue any small talk with her more than necessary. However, my curiosity gets the best of me for the moment. "How old are you?"

"I'll be turning eighteen in a month," the princess mumbles. "Aren't you too young to be a bodyguard?"

I scoff. Sure, I'm young, but I can kick ass pretty well.

"Being young is what makes me better than most guards. I'm much stronger, faster, and have more energy than a lot of people my age and up. I am more agile, and my reaction time is just faster." I shrug, trying not to let my accomplishments get to my head. I've always been taught to be humble, and I will remain that way.

Maybe.

"Oh," she replies, seeming uninterested. She stands up and cocks her head to the side. "So, Mr. West. Since we've known each other for quite a bit now, can I call you Alex?"

She is so damn annoying.

"Nobody calls me Alex. My name is Alexander," I state sternly, trying to establish the fact that I'm the one in charge here. "And to you, it's Mr. West."