𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟕

[warning: smut]

[warning: smut]

With both Princess Ava and Prince Marco knowing about me and Elena, I've been more cautious than usual. In fact, I'm afraid to even be around the princess. Sometimes, I just can't control myself around her, no matter how hard I try.

The prince hasn't said anything more about the situation yet. Right now, everything is normal—or at least as normal as it gets with royals. Marco and Elena walk together in between a crowd of paparazzi, pretending to be a happily married couple.

But when Marco takes the princess's hand to his lips and kisses it, I almost attack him right there on the spot. One of the many disadvantages of being a royal bodyguard, though, is the fact that I have to remain professional.

I move to open the limo door, but a young woman, who appears to be a reporter, suddenly stops me. "Bodyguard! I have a question for you!" she exclaims, shoving a microphone into my face.

With a scowl, I open my mouth to tell her to back off, but she's quicker than I am. "Are you single?" she asks slyly, a thirsty smirk on her face. "All of the ladies would love to know."

When will this ever end?

I've never been a stranger to women admiring me. Most men take the opportunity to brag about it, and while it does seem like something to boast about, it's something to be ashamed of, in my opinion. I don't appreciate the lustful stares directed at me when I'm just trying to do my job.

Even when I was younger, I was often a target for older women and men. They were always friendly—too friendly for my liking. Personal space wasn't a thing to them; everywhere I went, they couldn't resist the urge to stop me and even put their hands on me for 'laughs'.

Taking a deep breath, I politely push my way past her and open the door for both the prince and the princess to step in. Paparazzi immediately group together around the limo, but I block them all off and quickly weave my way to the driver's side.

The paparazzi remain persistent, trying to snap photos through the tinted glass windows and even climb on top of the vehicle, but I refuse to budge, ignoring their harassment.

As I put the key in the ignition and pulled out of the parking lot, I couldn't help but notice the princess sitting quietly behind me. I glance at her through the rear view mirror, and we make eye contact before she averts her eyes back out the window.

"Bodyguard," Marco calls out, the irritating sound of his voice almost making me roll up the partition out of impulse. "How does it feel to be a peasant?"

Peasant. Of course this dumbass would assume that a person is poor just because they don't have royal status.

"How does it feel knowing your wife prefers a peasant in bed over you?" I taunted back, looking him square in the eye through the mirror.