𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟗

[warning: smut]

[warning: smut]

Leaning back against the wall, I can't stop thinking about last night. I had sex with the princess, and if anyone finds out, my life is at risk. I can't say I regret it, though. After all, my life is only in danger if I get caught.

And I won't.

The door swings open, and the princess comes out, leaning on her handmaid's shoulder as she walks. My eyes drift down Elena's body for a second, but I catch myself during my weak moment and snap my gaze back to her face.

The princess has her honey-brown hair worn down, reaching almost all the way down to her waist, with a slight curl at the bottom. The natural waves of her hair look glossy and radiant, only adding to the ethereal beauty standing before me. Her full lips are a lovely shade of light pink that makes her blue-green eyes pop, and her freckles are visible—not covered with makeup like they usually are.

"Can you walk by yourself, Princess?" the handmaid—whose name I have once again forgotten—asks, slowly stepping away from her.

Princess Elena pushes herself away from the woman stubbornly, almost stumbling as she goes. "Yes, I can walk," she insists, making her way over to me. But her knees give out, and she immediately topples forward.

I move quickly, holding my arms out to catch her before she falls. After a second, I pull her back up and stabilize her, letting her cling to my chest. Her fingers dig into my back as she tries to stand up by herself once again, but she takes a moment to get her body sorted before moving off of me.

Behind the princess, her handmaid tilts her head to the side—an expression of curiosity painted on her face. The woman's dark eyebrows are furrowed slightly, and her deep brown eyes are trying to examine us closely to see if she's missing anything. But then she just shrugs and walks away.

My eyes scan over the hallway as I watch the woman walk away, narrowing on instinct. A soft voice against me snaps me out of it, though. "You smell good," Elena mumbles tiredly, her face buried in my neck.

I chuckle lightly and absentmindedly run a finger down her arm. "You seem exhausted today," I tease.

"I really am," she groans, nuzzling her face into my chest once more. She wraps her arms around my neck and hangs on as tight as she can, her slim figure almost suffocating me.

Snaking an arm around her waist to pull her closer, I rub the small of her back in a circular motion. "Am I the reason?" I lean down to whisper in her ear, a slight grin forming on my face despite myself.

The princess jerks back at my comment. "Shut up," she says, and I swear I can see the slightest hint of a blush on her face. It almost looks like she's embarrassed or nervous, which is a cute sight.