𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟑

I've never seen the princess so angry before

I've never seen the princess so angry before. It's been two days, and she's been refusing to get out of the palace. She spends her time either in her bedroom or her art studio doing who knows what.

However, today I have something special planned for her. It's nothing too big because I don't have much to give, but as much as it pains me to admit, I don't like seeing her upset. Especially in this entire situation, I can't even imagine how she must feel. Having worked for something your entire life just to see everything go down the drain.

I knock on the art studio door, just to be sure I can come in. When I hear her familiar dulcet voice with a mopey undertone giving me the go-ahead, I open the door and step in carefully. She's painting, but she looks so drained doing it. Like she's given up.

Slowly, I walk up to her and stand by the easel she's painting on. "Princess," I sigh, "come out. You can't mope around inside this palace for the rest of your life."

Princess Elena drops her paintbrush carelessly on the floor. Her eyes look red and tired, like she hasn't been getting enough sleep. She also looks very, very irate. "I can and will," she retorts.

"Well, I won't allow it," I respond firmly, gesturing for her to follow me.

The princess gives me a confused glance that turns into a stone-cold glare. "Are you forgetting who's in charge here? It's me. You can't order me around anymore." Her arms are folded across her chest, and it's clear that she's insistent on staying where she is. But I don't care.

I let out a sigh of annoyance. Her stubbornness is very hard to deal with. With a swallow, I say something that completely destroys my dignity and pride. "Please."

There's no longer even a hint of the indignity she had before on her face. Elena's lips are parted slightly, not in just disbelief or surprise, but in disbelief, surprise, and amusement. I've never regretted saying anything more.

She bursts out laughing. "You?" she teases. "You said please to me, you of all people?" She takes a step back and covers her mouth as she continues to laugh.

My blood boils at her mockery, but I don't show it. "Princess," I grumble in a warning tone, staring coldly at her. I don't like being made fun of for my weak moments.

The princess sighs in exasperation, heading towards the door. "Fine," she concedes. "Lead the way, I guess."

We both walk out of the art studio and through the hallways of the palace, but before we can reach the outdoors, I stop by the kitchen to pick up a basket I made for her earlier. It's filled with fruits and sweets. It's not much, but I know the princess has a sweet tooth, and I'll do anything to make her happy.