𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟕

[tw: death/abuse/trauma]

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

[tw: death/abuse/trauma]

The first thing I wake up to in the morning after escorting a very drunk Princess Elena out of an exclusive nightclub last night is a notification from Italy's most famous news website. All I have to read is the headline to know exactly what it's about.

PRINCESS ELENA OF ITALY: DRUNK OR INSANE?

There's clear footage of her sticking her middle fingers out at the paparazzi. And if that wasn't bad enough, she took one of the cameras and threw it to the ground. The force was so great that the camera shattered instantly.

"Damn it," I mutter to myself, wondering who could have possibly leaked that footage. I bribed all the paparazzi at the scene so that the videos they took would be deleted, in hopes that they wouldn't tarnish the princess's pristine reputation.

Who the hell did this?

Not that finding the truth even matters anymore, because as soon as the king hears about this, I'm as good as dead. One of the main reasons I was appointed as Princess Elena's bodyguard was so that I could keep her out of trouble. I tried, but I failed.

Who knew a princess could be so headstrong?

Sighing, I place my phone back down on the nightstand before forcing myself to get out of bed. As my feet plant firmly on the ground, I quickly stretch before walking over to my closet to get ready for the day.

I grab a pair of black pants and a white button-up shirt from my closet, tossing them onto the bed before stepping into the shower. After showering, I comb through my hair and put on some cologne. Today is not going to be a pleasant one, but at least I'll still be clean. Hygiene is everything.

Once I'm fully dressed, I give the bathroom a quick once-over to make sure it's spotless. My eyes run over the place, seeing as everything looks neat and put away safely.

Perfect.

I begin to walk out of my room, but as soon as I do, King Victor's voice booms throughout the hallway. "WEST!"

Immediately tensing up at the sound of the king's voice, I make my way down the hallway as quickly as I can without running. My steps echo throughout the empty hallway, the sound seeming deafening in my ears. As I make my way toward the king's study, I remember to stay calm no matter what.

The king's study is a large and spacious chamber with walls that are covered in elegant, crimson paneling and large bookcases lining them. The central focal point of the room is the mahogany desk, adorned with carved details and ornate handles. To finish off, there are also leather chairs and couches that add a sense of comfort and relaxation.