𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑

I enter Elena's room with an icepack for her head

I enter Elena's room with an icepack for her head. She's already dressed up, but she's been complaining all morning due to her terrible hangover. Walking towards her bed, I take the pillow she has covering her face off, and I place the icepack on her head.

She groans even louder and throws the icepack on the floor, tossing and turning on her mattress. "Why is it so bright in here?" she whines.

I roll my eyes. "That's what happens when you drink too much, Princess." I quickly go and close the curtains in her room afterwards, but she still doesn't seem satisfied.

The princess lifts her head and looks at me with one eye open. "Shut up. I hate you," she mumbles.

I can feel the tension in the air, and the silence is stretching longer than usual. "Well, the feeling's mutual," I bite back sarcastically.

She sits up on the bed, her honey-brown hair cascading over her shoulders. "If you hate me, then why do you stay here and protect me?" she counters.

Picking up the icepack from the floor, I hand it to her and cock a brow. "Because it's my job?" I retort.

The princess rolls her eyes in response, clutching her temples. I watch as she takes a few deep breaths, trying to calm herself down. She looks at me, her eyes narrowing, like she's judging me.

I don't like it.

"You're not going to apologize?" she asks, her tone low but sharp.

"For what, exactly?" I reply, meeting her glare.

She pouts and furrows her brows, the icepack now resting in her lap. "For being the worst bodyguard ever."

I raise an eyebrow, crossing my arms. "I'm sorry you feel that way," I reply, my voice dripping with sarcasm.

Elena flips me off and then rolls off of her bed. "Take me shopping," she orders in a demanding tone that she rarely uses.

I stared at her for a moment, unsure of how to react. Her sudden change in behavior surprises me, and I can't help but wonder what brought it on. "Shopping for what?" I inquire, trying to keep my tone neutral.

The princess groans and arches her head back, her arms dropping to her sides. "Why do you have to be so difficult? You know I'm feeling lousy today; just do as I say," she snaps.

As much as I know it would be stupid to let the princess out without any plans and risk the chance of getting caught by the paparazzi, I do know that she's feeling like crap right now. Her grumpy behavior speaks volumes, and I don't want to ruin her day even more.