Chapter 14

That day when she came back, she called Mahesh but he wouldn't pick up her calls. Adhi had finished his shooting for the day and had came back home tired.

"What happened?" He asked.

"Nothing." She said.

"That means there is something." He said as he sat close to her giving her no space.

"Adhiiii..." She said a bit annoyed as he looked at her phone.

"Why're you calling that guy this many times?" She asked.

"Cause i can." She shouted as she got up to leave.

"Anjali..." He pulled her by her wrist and made him sit on his lap.

"I'm sorry Adhi..." She said.

"Tell me what happened." He said.

"Promise me you won't react." She said.

"Ohh lord... that means there is something wrong...and has to do with that bastard." He said as she glared at him.

"He proposed to me today." She said as he just laughed.

"Told You!!" He said with a laugh.

"You're not gonna get mad?" She asked.

"I am angry but I think I know what happened after that. Plus... when my girl is sitting this close to me, how can I feel angry?" He asked as she glared at him but remained at her spot on his lap.

"He's pretty upset and just trying to console him." She said.

"I'm sure he'd just realize he had no chance with you and lose his feelings for you." He said.

"Adhi... you remember how you told me how you'd find me a guy? To marry after we get divorce?" She asked as his smile vanished to guilt.

"Adhi...I didn't mean to..." She started.

"I know... You're just trying to see my anger." He said.

"You look so cute when you're angry." She said touching the tip of his nose.

"So does that mean you finally realized I'm the one?" He asked.

"Shut up." She said as she got up.

"You're rejecting every other guy but still not accepting your husband when he comes begging you to accept him." He frowned.

"Well..." She said,

"Well what?" He asked.

"I have one month for graduation and I need to study so..." She said leaving to her room.

Adhi went to his room to shower and came back for dinner and Anjali was already making Dinner.

"Anjaliii!!" He hugged her from behind.

"Adhiiii..." She whinned but he didn't let go of her.

" i love you..." He said.

"Do you want dinner or no?" She asked.

"Can I just have you for dinner?" He asked as she turned around.

"Eruma maadu... Porukki... naayee." She mumbled.

"Huh?" He asked with a smile.

"Go away." She pushed him away as he walked to the Sofa and took a seat.

"Anjali... I have to tell you something." He said.

"What?" She asked.

"I have to leave for new york in 2 days. I won't be back for a while." He said.

"Till when?" She asked.

"Almost a month." He said.

"What really? You won't be there for my graduation?" She asked.

"Probably not." He said.

"Ohhh." She said a bit disappointed.

"It's for the movie i'm currently working on. I already signed the contract for it." She said.

"Okkk fine... go." She said as he smiled at her.

After 2 days, Adhi had left and made sure to have a trusted maid stay with her.

Mahesh had not spoken to anjali yet and Anjali was determined to speak to him and change his mind about what he feels for her.

"Mahi..." She called him when she saw him.

"We need to speak.. Please listen to me." She said.

"Ok." He said.

"I am sorry.... I should have told you about Adhi before but it's like we weren't together then and he was going through his breakup around that time." she said.

"It's ok Anjali." He said.

"We're still friends right?" She asked.

"It's not gonna be the same for a while. I need space Anjali... but time will heal and we'll after that." he said.

"You don't feel angry with me right?" She asked.

"How can I be angry with you. You had your reasons. I should have made sure. When Adhi used to seem interested in you, I should have known y'all had something going on. I should have made sure before asking you." He said.

"Thanks for understanding. I'm always gonna be there for you if you need me." She said.

"Thank you..." He said with a smile.