Chapter 28

A couple of months had passed by and Adhi was in another state for his film. Anjali had finally found a job. It was only days since she started.

"I miss you." He said over the phone.

"Awww... how sweet." She said.

"You don't miss me?" He asked.

"No.. I have company." She said.

"Which is?" He asked.

"I'm not telling you till you bring your ass back home." She said.

"Just 2 more days... will fly.." He said.

"Ok...bye.." She said.

"Anjali..." He said.

"What?" She asked.

"I heard a few things about your uncle." He said.

"Uncle?" She asked.

"Our uncle." He said.

"Oh? Sithappa?" She asked.

"Yeah.." He said.

"What about him?" She asked.

"Divya... right... she made him write all the property in her name and kicked him and his wife out." He said.

"Divya did that?" She was concerned.

"Don't pick up if he calls you." He said.

"If he asks me for help, I can't just leaving him on the road like that." She said

"It's Karma... He's getting what he deserved for his bad deeds." He said.

"But he's still our family." She said.

"Here we go again... Ok.. I gotta go. Bye." He said cutting the call.

Anjali had started a home for young orphan kids and elderly in the house she took for herself.

"Sithappa.." Anjali had called him.

"Anjali..." He started to cry as his wife took the phone from him and spoke to her explaining their situation.

"The home is always welcomed for you. I'll talk to Divya and see if she would bring you guys back." She said.

"She won't... she's married that guy and it was him who kicked us out." Her sithappa said.

"Wait... is Divya in danger?" She asked.

"No... but it's been a week since we lost contact with her." Manohar said.

"Oh... god...there is always a solution. We'll do something." She said.

"Why Anjali?" He asked.

"I've only done you the worst things. But you're showing us love no matter what." He said.

"You're my family whether we like it or not. Families are supposed to stick together." She said,

"I'm sorry..." He said as he started to cry.

"Anjali....I didn't kill your father... I wasn't aware of that." He said.

"Sithappa...it's ok... Let's not dig the past." She said.

"I can't believe I was so greedy for money that I watched that Surendar kill my brother." He said.

"It's Ok...Don't worry." She said over the phone.

"And Anjali... There is a secret... I've been wanting to tell you but..." He started.

"Please... I don't want any more surprised in my life. i'll live live just the way I wanted. i have all that I need. I don't need anything else." She said.

The next day, Anjali got her aunt to get them a house to live in. They were thankful for her. She was doing all this when their daughter who they did everything for left them on the streets.

"Adhi... why are you still not here yet?" She asked.

"Soon..." He said.

"You keep saying that but where are you?" She asked.

"Looks like my wife misses me." He said.

"Not just your wife... we have someone else waiting for you too." She said.

"This person still there? What's he doing in my house without my permission?" He asked.

"Noo.. he's only here with your permission..." She said,

"I'll have to come and see it seems." He said.

A few hours  passed by when he finally came home all tired. He opened the door as he spotted random baby toys hanging from the ceiling.

"Anjali??" He called her but no reply.

Then it all made sense to him. He ran to their room in search for her but couldn't find her anywhere.

"Anjali!!" She started calling her but no reply.

Where had she gone? Months of not seeing her was hard but being there and knowing something close to heart and not seeing her made it worse even though it had only been a couple of mins.