Chapter 8

"What do you mean is that all?" She asked.

"I mean...he is just your cousin? I thought he was your brother...that's why I tried to get him mad. But he already looks mad." Mahesh said with a laugh as Adhi continued to glare at him.

Why was it that he says she's nothing to him yet get's mad when another guy is closer to her. Adhi was pretty jealous and the fact that Anjali was hiding their marriage was annoying him even though he was supposed to make him happier.

"Unga athai illaya?" He asked. (Is your aunt not home?)

"Avanga.....veliya poitaanga." Anjali said. (She's outside)

"Apo....yaarume veeta illaya?" He asked. (So no one is here.)

"Nope, just Adhi and I." She said as Adhi smirked not knowing why he was reacting to such small matter.

"Avlo trust pandraangala avana? Avan oru actor...avan yethina ponnunga kooda enna panaano..." Mahesh whispered to Anjali as Adhi was further away from them. (She trusts him? He's an actor who knows how many girl's he was with)

"Illa mahesh....avan apidi patta payan illa. He is actually a nalla payan." She said, (No he's a good guy.)

"Oh apdiya?" Mahesh said.

"Anyways....i'm gonna leave....appa thedivaru." He said as he waved a bye at Adhi and left. (My dad's prolly waiting)

As Anjali was leaving for her room, Adhi pulled her hands.

"What did that bastard say about me?" He asked.

"First of all, you don't have any right to call my friend a bastard in front of me and second of all, I don't have any need to tell you any of my personal business." She said,

"Anjali...you are telling me now or I won't let go of your hand." He said as he gripped her arm.

"Go ahead....do all you wish....i am not telling you anything." She said as she looked to the other side.

She then felt his eyes on her lips. She tried to look away as he suddenly hugged her.

"Vidra...porukki." She shouted, hitting his chest.

"Tell me now or I will screw your first kiss moment." He said as he pushed her gently to the wall and cornered her.

Kiss? Did he really want to kiss her so badly? Adhi didn't know why he was behaving like this.

"Adhi....you are going insane....stop your shit now." She said as suddenly the doorbell rang.

Adhi let her go as he went to open it. He found his mom standing there.

"Mom....what are you doing here?" He asked.

"Anjali...epidima iruka? College epidi poguthu?" Saroja moved to Anjali without even glancing at Adhi.(How are you? How's college)

"Mom..." He said as he went toward her.

"Its fine athai...neenga nalla irukeengala?" She asked as she bent down ant touched her legs to get ashirvatham.(blessing) (Are you fine?)

"Ennada mavane...how are your films coming along?" Saroja finally walked toward Adhi who stood there pissed.

"Mom....i see how it is....your first priority is her. Why am I your son when she has more rights over you?" He asked.

"It's not like that. She is here to live....away from the ones she was used to living with. I must not let her feel bad for marrying you." Saroja said as Anjali looked down thinking about how her life with Adhi is like compared to how she was at her Sithappa's house.

"Mom....she kept calling me this one word....i never understood...what does porru....kkii mean?" He asked as Anjali's face turned red.

Saroja started laughing.

"Ennama....en payana porukinulaam koopdrikiya?" Saroja asked Anjali as Adhi smirked at her. (What's this ma? You called him a scoundrel?)

"What does it mean?" he asked.

"It means...scoundrel...." She said.

"Oh....you...freaking..." He started.

"Hey...calm....who knows what you did to her." Saroja said laughing.

"Anjali...have you ate yet?" She asked.

"No athai....ippo thaan collegla irundhu vanthen...we had to finish a project." She said. (I just came back)

"Ok....so come on let's eat. I brought some biriyani I made today." She said as she showed her the bag.

"Oh...wow..." Anjali said as Adhi rolled his eyes.

"So...any friends?" Saroja asked.

"Ya...4 tamil friends. I met Deepa first and then she introduced me to everyone else. Diya, arjun and Mahesh." She said.

"Why the hell does she have guy friends?" Adhi said and regretted it as he realized it was his jealousy taking over and he was letting his mother see he was jealous.

"Why? You don't have any girlfriends? Oru chinese kaari pinnadi suthidu irupiye....ava peyar enna....anh." Saroja said. (That Chinese girl you go after. What's her name? Anh)

"Mom...don't talk trash about Anh...she is Vietnamese and is a good girl." He said.

"Oh really? How good? Good enough for her to be in a relationship with a married guy huh?" She asked as Adhi hit the plate and left running to the room.

"Adhi..." Anjali tried to call him.

"Don't go...he is gonna get mad at you." She said as she made Anjali sit down and finish eating.

Anjali was going to her room as Saroja called her.

"Where are you going?" She asked.

"To my room." She said,

"Saroja suddenly knocked on Adhi's door as he opened.

"What?" He asked, still a bit pissed.