Chapter 17

"Yooo where are you going?" Anjali asked as soon as she realized they weren't going home.

"Ohh Come on you just graduated. We can't just go home yet." he said.

"That's true. But where are we going?" She asked.

"That's a surprise." He said.

"How many more surprises?" She asked, looking at him.

"If you keep looking at me like that... I am gonna lose my patience." He said.

"Ok...fine." She said turning the other way.

As soon as he parked at a place that looked like a forestry area. She looked at him to see if he'd say anything.

"Where are we going?" She asked.

"I told you it... it's a surprise." He said as they started walking.

As soon as they started to walk further into the forest, She could hear water rushing.

"Ohh my god..Is that a waterfall?" She started running toward it leaving Adhi behind.

"OHH MYY GOD!!" She was screaming in joy.

When she realized Adhi wasn't around she turned around to look for him.

"Adhi!! Adhi??" She shouted looking for him but he was nowhere to be found.

Suddenly she felt something move behind her. She turned around to see him leaning down on his knees with a ring in his hand.

"Anjali... en uyir kadhali.. Unna patti pesanumna pakkam pakkamave pesalaam but konjom cut panni edit panni oru vishayam.. Vachurukken... ethaachum thappu iruntha manichuko." He said as she started to laugh in surprise that he was speaking in Tamil and it was pretty fluent. (Anjali... My love...If I were to speak about you, I can say pages but I've shorten down a few things. If there is something wrong, forgive me.)

"Naa oru paithiyamla... unna maari oru devadhaiya vachukittu ivlo naalum theriyama irunthu irukken. Aana enime appudi illa...Nee mattum pothum naan uyir vazha.. I promise... Sathiyama solren... Eni un santhoshathula mattum illa un kashtam thunbam ellaathulaiyum naa iruppen. eni enakku neethaan unakku naa thaan. Enakku ipaiyaachum Ok solluviya?" He finished his little proposal. (I'm stupid right? I had an angel right next to me but i searched elsewhere. But it won't be like that anymore. All I need to live now is You. I promise I'll not not just be part of your happiness but your sorrow and bad times. From now on, we have each other. Would you atleast say ok now? )

Anjali froze, not knowing what to say. How did he learn this much Tamil? Did he learn all this for her?

"Ada...sollu ma..Kaal valikuthu." He said as Anjali gave him a wide smile. (Tell me.. My knee is paining)

"Valikattum" She said standing there looking at him. (let is hurt)

"When did you learn this much tamil?" She asked.

"Took these few months to learn. How much longer do I have to wait?" He asked.

"Serii ok..." She said,

"Just ok?" He asked, still in the same position.

"Yeah...just ok. That's what you asked for, no?" She asked.

"Ohh shit...I forgot the last part." He said as he sneaked a paper from his pocket.

"Give me that." She took it from him.

"Fraud..." She said.

"Vaazkai poora... enkooda iruppiya? En wifahh, en best friendahh, en Kadhaliya?" He asked. (Would you be mine for the rest of my life? As a Wife, My best friend, The love of my life?)

"Deii...unmaiya sollu who wrote this lengthy paragraph for you?" She asked. (Tell me the truth...Who wrote this for you?)

"I wrote it myself." He said.

"Fine...ivloo kenjura...so... Get up... I accept you with all my heart." She said showing her ring finger for him to place the ring on. (You're begging so...

"I love you Anjali." He said.

"Uh... love you too." She said.

"But Adhi... even if this scene didn't occur, I would have told you today. I was waiting till I graduated. All I need in life is just you Adhi. Since day one... but it just felt like it would never happen cause you had a girlfriend and what did you say? That you'd find a guy for me after the divorce. Now what happened?" She asked.

"I'm Sorry.. Let's forget the past and start fresh?" He asked.

"Ok good...now let's actually have some fun. I like this place." She said walking to the waterfall.

After spending their afternoon at the waterfall, they decided to head back home. It wasn't so hard for Anjali to accept his proposal but what's next? Even a glance from him was starting to make her face all heated up with embarrassment.

When she opened the door, she realized it was pitch dark. It was never like that before since there would be light coming from different angle of the window.

"AHHHH" she screamed and the lights turned on with her friends and mother in law screaming in surprise. She hugged Adhi and had her eyes shut tight.

"Woahh."She said as she realized it was a surprise.

"What are you all doing here?" She asked.

"We had to celebrate our bestie's special day." Diya said.

"Ohh come on, we all graduated today." Anjali said.

"But.. graduation mattuma nadanthuchu?" Deepa asked. (Was graduation the only thing that happened today?)

"Seriously? How does everyone know everything except me?" She asked looking at Adhi who kept silent with just a smile.

"I recorded her screaming..." Arjun said, showing the video to everyone.

"Delete that right now." Anjali said.

"No... That's for us to keep." Adhi said, taking the video from him.

"Why are you all like this?" Anjali asked as Adhi wrapped his arms around her.

"Come.. let's go inside." He said.