Chapter 10

Anjali went to college and Saroja soon left after saying bye to Adhi.

Adhi refreshed everything that had happened between him and Anjali and a smile was visible but as soon as he remembered Anh, his smile vanished to guilt. He decided to visit Anh's apartment building. He felt bad for even the though of cheating on her. He forgot to inform her but he only realized that after he was there.

He knocked on the door but she didn't open but the door was opened. He opened it and walked in to find nobody. Where was she? Why was the door opened? He started to panic.

"Anh..." He said as he went to the bedroom and he found her on the bed covered in a blanket.

"Ohhh.. Are you still sleeping?" He asked as he got near her, finally relieved that nothing wrong had happened to her.

As he got near, he realized somebody was under the blanket. He suddenly pulled it to find a man around the age of 40-50 who was still asleep hugging her chest.

She was wearing her off the sleeves top that was elastic, which was now below her breast exposing her bare chest.

"What the hell is happening here?" He asked.

"Adhi...it's nothing....we were just..." She said as the guy finally woke up.

"Anh baby...sleep... '' the guy said in a tired voice.

"We are finished Anh." He said as he left her apartment angrily with no other words to say.

He came home super mad. He just couldn't digest the fact that she was cheating on him.

He never cheated on her. In Fact he felt guilty for even the thought of falling for Anjali but seeing anh with that old man wasn't something he was expecting. He was Mad, depressed and broken.

"Are all girls this stupid or is it just Anh...and trusted her." He said to himself as he hit the glass table so hard that his palm started bleeding.

He then started cussing her. He went into the fridge to get himself a drink but found it all gone.

"Anjali." He said irritated. She must have thrown away all the bottles. When anjali didn't show up, he took his car out to go to some kind of bar and get drunk.

When he was back, He was frustrated and started wrecking the house. He was breaking everything in his room that reminded him of her. Blood was dripping from his already bruised palm which had dried and was fresh from a newly stabbed glass.

Anjali was home by this time and was shocked to see her husband in this condition. She ran over to him to see if he was alright.

"Adhi..." She touched his shoulder and then saw blood on his hands.

"Are you ok?" She asked.

He didn't reply so she went to get the first aid box and started cleaning his wound.

"Leave me!!" He said in a drunken state.

"What is wrong with you? Adhi....this isn't like you." She said,

"She cheated on me, Anjali." His eyes were red and now tears were finally making their way down his eyes.

"Oh." She said as he placed his head on her shoulder.

"I'm sorry Adhi...but it's ok... don't waste your energy on her." She said.

"She messed up everything....How can she sleep with that old man? I trust her." He started saying as she consoled him.

"Calm down...this shall pass and one day, even the thought of her wouldn't bother you. Just hang on." She said.

"Why? Anjali? Aren't you mad at me? I am an idiot. I slapped you when you talked about Anh."

"Adhi, people come and go in your life. You must be ready to face anything. I never expected my parents to die and I never expected my Sithappa who was so nice to me when my parents were alive would turn into a monster. Anh is just a small phase in your life. Just forget her." Anjali said

"Anjali....I'm so sorry...I shouldn't have behaved with you like that yesterday." He said.

"It's ok Adhi." She said. 

"I love you Anjali." He said as she continued to pat his head.

"Even if you don't accept me as a wife, we can still be friends and We're family... We were born as a family." She said,

"Oh right." He said finally smiling and finally falling asleep on her shoulder.

She laid him on his bed and tried to move away when he grabbed her wrist.

"Stay Anjali.... Please..." He whined like a kid.

After he was asleep, she went to her room to get some sleep. That was when she realized he had said he loved her. He didn't mean it like that. He was drunk and was confused.

The next morning, She got a call from Mahesh and she decided to pick up his call.

"Wanna go out?" He asked.

"What the hell Mahi...why? We were hanging out in college all day." She said.

"But I wanna see my bestie's cute face." He said.

"Well ask Diya or Deeps." She said,

"No. They are both out with their dudes." He said.

"Well I am with my dude." She said,

"What?" He asked, shocked.

"I mean I am with Adhi." She said,

"Oh...you scared me man...I thought you started dating somebody." He said with relief.

"Wow...what a caring friend?" She said,

"Anyhow, What are you doing with that actor?" He asked.

"Come on...we live in the same house...he will....went through a lot yesterday so he needs me by his side as a great friend." She said,

"Oh a friend? Great." He said.