Chapter 9

Why is your wife sleeping in the other room?" She asked.

"Cause you should already know....we aren't together." He said.

"Well if you say so....forget you had a mother." She said as he looked up at her.

"What the hell mom...stop blackmailing me." He said.

"Anjali...go into his room." She said,

"No athai...i....he can..." Anjali started.

"Go." Saroja said firmly as anjali went inside.

His room smelled like uncleaned garbage.

"What is that disgusting smell?" She said as Adhi closed the door behind him.

"What? My dear wife? You like my room?" He asked as he back hugged her.

"Eyyy... Stay away from me." She said as she jumped away.

"My mom wants us to do this right? It is not what you wish for as well?" He said as she made a disgusted face.

"I am actually mad at your mom for making me sleep in a garbage can today." She said trying to change the topic.

"Oh so you love the smell of my room huh?" He asked as he cornered her to the wall.

"So... you've decided to sleep with me and give my mother a grand..." He started.

"No... you're crossing the limits." She said, closing her eyes tight as he looked her face up close for the first time.

"Athai help..." She shouted as felt his heavy breath on her.

"Baby...this room is soundproof. She can't hear anything." He said.

"Get away from me." She shouted as she tried to run away.

"There is no way to escape...." He said as he got a call.

"Hey princess....what ya doing?" He asked.

"I'm in the pub....would you like to come along?" Anh asked.

"No, I'm busy with something." He said.

"Busy? You? What is it?" She asked.

"My mom is here." He said.

"Oh." She said,

"Ok bye anh." He cut the call as Anjali stared at him annoyed.

"If you like her that much, you won't be cheating on her." She said,

"What?" He asked as he pulled away immediately.

"I am gonna sleep on the sofa." She said as she fell onto the sofa and covered herself in the blanket.

"You sleep like you are so used to this." He laughed.

"I am." She said,

"Ok..um...do you have some kind of sleepwalking problems?" He asked.

"Shut up." She said,

"Why else would you be.."he asked.

"I'm used to it. I slept on the couch after they all went to sleep." She said as she turned the other way.

"Who all?" He asked.

"Mano Chiththappa and his family," She said.

"Were you just stupid to do that or you didn't want to sleep in Divya's room?" He asked.

"Enough!! Let me explain." She was annoyed by now and He just looked at her.

"After my parents passed away, they started taking over our house and everything because chithapa became my guardian and I ended up giving them all my parent's property because I had no other family and also because I didn't want to leave my house. They treated me like shit. They would make me sleep on the kitchen floor and all so I was used to all of this. If you think What you're doing is torture, it's not even half of what I went through before coming here." She said as she held back her tears.

He instantly regretted his words and his attitude towards her. He silently walked over to the bed and laid down deep in thoughts. Anjali fell asleep as Adhi was still rolling around trying to sleep.

He turned around to face Anjali who was peacefully sleeping. He felt bad for acting trash with her. She felt more tortured from him than her family? He just now realized why she had those bruises that one day and all the scoldings finally made sense.

He went near her and lifted her to the bed. She didn't wake up so he laid her on one side and soon he fell asleep on the other.

Few hours later he woke up to find her face on his chest and she was hugging him.

A smile peeped off his lips. Was this really him? Is she changing him? He smiled deeper pulling her closer to him. In the morning, Anjali woke up to find his head on her. His hands were wrapped around her bare waist. And her hands were around his neck.

How did she end up in the bed? And most importantly....how did they end up in this position?

She tried to move him away but he was still asleep.

"She tried to move her hands around his neck but she wasn't able to.She gave up pissed after a while.She didn't want him to find out about their positions in sleeping so she had to do something.

She suddenly felt the grip on her bare waist tightened and she looked down to see her shirt above her belly button. He suddenly started moving his finger up her waist. She felt protected and safe instead of the feeling of disgust that a man was touching her but she knew this can't be true. They can't be together.

She suddenly had the urge break free from her hands around his neck and pulled his hands away from her waist. She somehow pushed him away and got up as she felt his hand grip her wrist.She looked back to find him still asleep. She pulled away from his grip and went to her room and got ready for college.