Chapter 13

A few months passed by and Adhi took every opportunity to show Anjali that he was in love with her. Anjali pretended not to see even though she knew she couldn't run away for too long. Though she loved this feelings, she didn't want keep him waiting for long either. She was waiting to graduate so that they can start their life and also because she wanted to know if he would continue loving her at least till then.

"Anjaliiii...Anjlaiii... pushpanjali..." She heard him sing when she entered. (Anjali... anjali...I am offering flowers to you)

"Kaadhal vandhu theendum varai.. Iruvarum thani thani.... Kaadhalin pon sangili... Inaithadhu kanmani " he continued as she started to laugh. (till love beckoned both of us were by ourselves... love's golden chain bound us ,my dear)

"Are you alright?" She asked.

"Anjali anjali ennuyir kaadhali..." he continued as she she smiled. (Anjali anjali u r the love of my life)

"Pronunciations are to the point. How?" She asked.

"That's a surprise." he said as he started to walk closer to her. Too close to where she close where she realized her back had hit the walls walking backwards and there was no escape. She closed her eyes as she felt his breath on her.

"Adhi...What are you doing?" She asked in a soft voice.

"Ennavo en nenjilae.... Isai vandhu thulaithadhu....Isai vandha paadhai vazhi.....Thamizh mella nuzhaindhadhu." he continued to sing as she opened her eyes, surprised how the lyrics where syncing with her questions. (Something in my heart... The music came and pierced....the way the music came.....Tamil slowly entered)

"You really are something..." She smiled as she pushed him away but he stayed stiff.

"One more month for graduation... I'm so excited." She said.

" I am too..." He said hugging her.

"Don't take advantage, idiot." She said,

"What did you just call me?" He asked.

"An idiot."

"Ohh i see how it is... but...I don't mind." He said.

"Then don't." She said,

"I love you Anjali...." He said, still hugging her.

"Now move... I need to go to college." He said.

"Noo...I like standing here like this." He said as a knock disturbed their little moment.

Anjali walked outside and found Mahesh waiting for her. She waved at Adhi who only smirked at Mahesh knowing he didn't have a chance with his girl.

"Love you... bye anjali.." He shouted as Anjali smiled at him.

"Enna avan love you solraan. Neeyum onnum sollala?" He asked. (What's with him telling you he loves you and you're not  stopping him)

"That's how it is." She said,

"We have only a month left Anjali and I really need to talk to you about something." He said.

"What's up?" She asked.

"I'll tell you when we get to uni. Everyone is waiting for us too." He said.

"Yeahh...sure why not." he said as they continued to drive.

Anjali looked at him and was confused why he looked nervous.

"Are you alright mahi... is something wrong?" She asked.

"No.. it's just..." He didn't finish.

After parking, they started walking to their normal meeting place.

"Anjali..." Mahi leaned on his knees.

"Mahi.. Enna panra get up." She said, (What are you doing? Get up.)

"Anjali... I know we knew each other for only a few months now but this was love at first sight. If a few months with you gave me this much happiness, I need you for the rest of my life." He said.

"I love you Anjali.. Will you marry me?" He asked showing a ring as his friends walked over to them.

"Mahi... I... get up mahi..." She said.

"No Anjali tell me..." He said.

"Mahii.. Stop... get up...we can talk about this." She said as she looked around to see no one around.

"I never saw you that way Mahi." She said as Mahi looked at her with disappointment and anger on his face.

"Broo give her some space... maybe she needs time." Deepa said.

"No.. that's not it. I was gonna tell y'all when it happens but... I like someone else. The first guy I've loved ... and also... a lot has happened in my life that I kept from everyone" she said.

"Like what?" Arjun asked.

"He still has a chance though right?" Diya asked.

"I'm Married." Anjali said as everyone stood there shocked.

"To who? Did you get divorce?" Deepa asked.

"Nooo Deepa...it's a complicated story..." she said.

"Explain yourself." Diya said.

"My parents passed away when I was a kid and my Sithappa sort of took all my parent's properties and I was a servant in my own house. One year my Aunt and her son came and my aunt got me married to her son but he had a girlfriend at the time and he didn't accept me... but now things changed. He loves me with all his heart and I'm only keeping him away from me because I didn't think he was actually in love but this guy's been consistent about his love for months." She said,

"Who's he?" Diya asked.

"Is he cute?" Deepa asked with a smile.

Everyone started to listen to her forgetting the fact that Mahesh was hurt.

"I knew it... That Adhi and you had something going on." Mahesh said.

"I still think he's just acting to you. That's his profession." He added.

"Your husband is an Actor?" Deepa asked.

"Yeah.. so.. Y'all know... Aditya Purushothaman?" She wasn't even given a chance to finish before the two girls started to just in joy and excitement.

"Your husband is Aditya Purushothaman?!!" They were happy for her.

"I forgive you just cause he's your husband." Diya said.

"And cause you're our friend and you had a reason to hide this from us." She added.

"You're an option for him. If his ex comes back, he might just go with her. Or if he finds another girl. That's what these celebrities do." Mahesh said.

"Mahesh... that's pretty ill of you to talk shit about her husband to her just because you like her and she didn't accept you." Deepa said.

"This is unfair... you have turned all my friends onto your side." Mahesh said.

"Mahi.. there is no side...we 're all friends and we still are." Anjali said touching his shoulder but he pushed her away and left in anger.

"It's alright... He will come around." Deepa said, giving Anjali a hug.