Chapter 12

It was Adhi who opened the door for Mahi when he rang the doorbell. He greeted him with a fake smile as Anjali walked up to the guys.

"Anjalii!!" Mahi hugged Anjali as Adhi glared at him from behind and Anjali smiled at knowing why he was glaring.

"Enough.. Let her breathe." Adhi pulled him away and Anjali unknowingly started to smile at Adhi's gesture.

"You keep proving to me that you're an actor, Adhi." Anjali whispered.

"I'll be in the room if you need me, Anjali." He said as he left.

"You know it's illegal to marry your cousin." Anjali choked on air at the comment.

"Ok?" She asked.

"But why are you telling me that?"

"Cause that Adhi seems to be interested in you." She said.

"Ohh really?" She asked as a smile appeared at the thought of Adhi liking her.

"Why are you smiling at that?" He asked.

"I come from a culture where that's not illegal. Besides We're in Cali. It's only illegal in some states." She said,

"But why would you say that? Do you like him?" He asked as Adhi was coming downstairs.

"No... you got it all down wrong. He's not my type." She said as she saw a hint of disappointment on Adhi's face.

"It's late... you should get going." He said.

"It's just 10pm. What's the rush?" Anjali asked.

"Don't we need to go to sleep?" He asked.

"We?" Mahesh asked.

"Adhi... you go to sleep if you're sleepy." Anjali said.

"But I need you." He said as both Mahesh and Anjali looked at him in shock.

"To help me with something....it's kind of urgent." He said.

"Mahi... We already finished this chapter so I guess we can learn the rest later?" She asked.

"Of course... My dad must be waiting for me." He said as he got up to leave.

"Sorry dude..." She said as he was outside.

"Don't be... you're living in his house so you need to listen to him." He said as she looked at him confused.

"That's not why..." She started but he had waved at her and left by then.

As she sighed and turned around she found Adhi standing very close behind her.

"Then why?" He asked.

"Why what?"

"What you were saying..."

"Noo... that was something else... Now let me go inside."

"Not till you tell me."

"Aiyoo... Adhi, are you ok?" She asked, pushing him aside and walking inside.

"I love you Anjali." He said as she froze.

"Awww I love you tooo." She turned around with a smile.

"Noo.. I meant.." Before he could finish.

"Adhi... I know... you love me cause I'm the best cousin you can ever have and cause I help you get over Anh?" She asked.

"No...No..I..." He started.

"I'm sleepy Adhi... what did you need?" She asked.

"Nothing." He said.

"Ohh so you just had him leave cause you don't like him?" She asked.

"Yeahhh... I don't like him. I don't like it when he's flirting with you." He said.

"Awww.... How protective of you..." She said as she started walking to her room.

"Can you sleep in my room?" He asked.

"In that garbage can?" She asked.

"I clean it up." He said.

"Really?" She asked while walking to his room to see everything put up and organized.

"Ohh damn." She said.

"How'd you get the smell out? It smells really nice." She said,

"Listen to me Anjali..." Adhi started as he started walking closer to her.

"I'm listening." She said,

"Why are you ignoring me like this?" He asked.

"What do you want me to say? You broke up with a girl just yesterday and now you want me?" She asked.

"I know it's wrong. I should have waited to tell you this but I was scared that that guy would if I didn't." He said.

"He won't and he can't." She said,

"No... you don't understand." He said.

"Adhi... I won't let another guy even near me without my permission unless the guy is you." She said,

"What?" He asked.

"I've liked you since the first time I saw you. Not cause you were a celeb or cause you're from America. Because you were the first person nice to me. Did you know how much I missed you after you had left that week?" She said as he stared at her with a wide smile.

"I would give my whole life to you Adhi... but I don't want to fool myself into thinking the infatuation you have on me right now is love." She said,

"Anjali...I promise... no matter how long it takes... whether it's like 1 day  or 10 years... I'll wait for you." He said.

"Then what about after 10 years?" She laughed.

"You know what I mean." He said.

"Yeah... I do... let's stay as best friends and not force anything. If it happens it happens." She said,

"Ok?" he said.

"Just remember... I'm always gonna be there for you." She said,