Chapter 4

Anjali walked out wearing a long skirt and a blouse that matched it. She saw Adhi waiting for her and smiled at him.

"Wow...you are wearing a skirt? Everything looks good on you." He said.

"Oh...thanks." She said,

"And...we are here." She said after a few minutes of walking.

"Oh....this is nice. " He said as a group of girls came toward Anjali.

"Hi anjali....enna intha pakkam? Yaaru ithu? Un boyfrienda?" A girl asked as Anjali felt embarrassed. (What ya doing here? Who's this? Your boyfriend?)

"Who are you?"Adhi asked.

"She is Anitha and Anitha, this is Aditya....en athai paiyan." She said, (my cousin)

"Ooooh." Anitha said laughing.

"Nee nenaikira maari yethum illa. He is from US. One weekla ppyiduvaaru and avanga culturla cousins yaarume love pannamaataanga." She said. (It's not what you think. He's leaving in a week and in there culture people don't marry their cousins.)

"Nambitom." Anitha said sarcastically. (We believed you)

"I've seen you somewhere." one of the girls said

"Search me up on google. Aditya Purushothaman." He said as the girls took their phones out and searched him up.

"Oh my god....he's a Hollywood actor" Amritha said.

"Really?" Anjali asked Adhi.

"Yes....did you not know?" He asked.

"Um...no.." She said as he smiled.

"I need to take a selfie with you then."Vidya said as the girls took a selfie with him one by one.

"Yaaru ithu? Why are you taking a selfie with him?" Akash asked. (who's this?

"He is well....my Athai paiyan and he is a Hollywood actor." Anjali said.

"Anjali...nee onnum ivana love pannala?" Akasha asked as the other girls laughed. (He's not your bf right?)

"No akash....why would i?" She asked.

"Apo sari." He said as Adhi felt clueless from standing there. (Then it's all good)

Soon a group of guys joined Adhi as he played soccer. Anjali sat with the other girls and talked. She never really came out these days but it felt like a holiday to be out here with long lost friends.

Soon when it turned dark, the two left. And went home.

Before they knew it, a whole week had passed. Anjali was the traditional girl that Saroja loved while Divya tried to woo Adhi by trying to be more like a white girl.

"Adhi....do you have any girl friends?" Divya asked.

"Ya many....Like i have many friends who are girls like you and anjali but A girlfriend... I have one. We're just waiting on approval from my mother."

"Who is she?" Divya asked.

"Her name is Anh. She is asian.. Like Vietnamese. We have been dating for a while." He said as Anjali came in feeling a bit uneasy.

Without knowing, she felt a hint of jealousy take over.

"That's nice." Divya said as she smirked at Anjali.

Soon the day came for Adhi and his mom to leave. The two had left as Anjali couldn't believe the newly found freedom was about to disappear into a hell for her again.

A year had passed by after they had left and Anjali had one more year of college. Adhi's thoughts came by at times but she knew it was impossible to even think of getting anywhere close to him.

She heard a call from the home phone.

She took it as Saroja spoke.

"Athai....how are you?" She asked.

"I am fine ma.... I want ask you a question?" She said,

"What is it?" She asked.

"Do you like Adhi? Will you marry him?" She asked as Anjali zoned out.

"Me? Athai....how? Why... I don't think Adhi wants to.... He said he likes this Vietnamese girl." She said,

"Ya...he wants to marry her. I do not want to let a vietnamese girl marry him. Unakkum avanukum kalyaanam panni vaikaporan." She said, (I am going to get you and him married)

"Athai....i don't think...this is a good idea." She said,

"It is." Saroja said as she turned off the call.