Chapter 30

8 months had passed by and it was closer to her delivery date. The whole family was excited for them. Her grandfather had came all the way to see his great grandchild.

"My daughter will be reborn as your daughter ma." He says all the time since he had heard the news.

"Adhi...why are you leaving me now?" Anjali asked.

"You're due in 2 weeks... This is only gonna take 1 day. I just have to be there tonight and then I'll be back by tomorrow night." He said.

"You said you'd swap things up for me but here you are saying you have to leave." She said.

"If I'm leaving now with you like this, you need to know there is a reason." He said.

""Fine...go away... you don't even love me." She said,

"Anjali... you pretend like I won't be there when you're in the hospital. I'll be right beside you." He said.

"I said you can leave." She said,

"Am I not gonna get my kiss?" He asked.

"No..." she said.

"Then I'll take it." He said pulling her close for a kiss.

"Take care. Mom will be there with you and Thatha and I think your mama is coming here soon too." He said.

"But all I'm asking is you." She said.

"Awww..." He hugged her only to realize her baby bump was in the way.

"Baby...take care of your mommy... Daddy will be back soon. Be a good girl!" He said kissing her baby bump.

"He came to hug me and now what is he doing. Deiii... ava vantha odana avakooda mattum time spend pannitu irunthanu vachukoyen, Nadakurathey vera... Divorce kuduthutu poyite iruppen" She said. (If you keep spending all your time with just her when she's out, i'm gonna give you divorce and leave.)

"Aiyooo... Mental kitta vanthu maatikutomla..." He said to the baby bump. (We're here stuck with a mental/)

"Eruma maadu." She said, grabbing the pillow on the sofa next to her and throwing it at him.

"Ouch!!" She said as she felt a kick.

"Adhi... she just kicked..." She said all excited.

"Cause you were trying to hit her daddy with the pillow, she had to take revenge." He said.

"Shut up and leave. You're gonna miss your flight." She said,

"Ok...bye.." He said as he left.

A day had passed after he had left and Anjali was busy reading a book when her pain started.

"Ahhh...valikuthu...Thatha...Athai..." She screamed as both of them ran to her.

"Ennama aachu?" Her thatha asked. (What happened)

"Her delivery pain started, it seems. We gotta get her to the hospital." She said,

Soon enough they brought her to the hospital.

"Ahhh valikuthu...Adhi enga?" She screamed. (It's paining. Where is Adhi?)

"Adhi is on the flight..." Her Atha said.

"Seekrama vara sollunga... Valikuthu." She cried. (Tell him to come fast. It's hurting)

An hour of screaming and crying, she fainted.

"She needs to be up for this...her water bag burst and it's a bit difficult now if she remains like this. Can be dangerous to both the mother and daughter." The doctor said.

"But..." Soraja said.

"Adhi!!" Saroja started crying running to him as soon as he entered the hospital straight from the airport.

Seeing both her Thatha and his mother cry, he was freaking out without knowing what's happening.

"mom...what happened? Where is Anjali?" He asked.

"She fainted." his mother cried.

"Is that bad?" He asked.

"No but she needs to be up for the baby to come out.

"Can I see her?" He asked the doctor.

Soon after, he was in the room with the doctor and the nurse.

"Anjali...wake up!!" He said trying to wake her up.

"What are you trying to do? Taking revenge for leaving you when you asked me not to. Naan than ippo vanthutenla...enthiri..." He said.

"Adhi??" She said in a soft voice.

"Anjalii!!" He cried happily.

"Am I done? Can we leave now?" She asked.

"Not even close." He said as she looked at her stomach.

"Adhi...i'm scared... what if...what if..." She started.

"There is no what ifs" He said.

"But adhi..."She started.

"Just keep pushing." He said holding her arms and bend down to hold her head.

Soon after struggling, the baby's head had moved outside and she screamed in pain.

"ADHIIII!!" She screamed, tightening her grip around his hand.

He stayed beside her and held her as the baby finally came out and she fainted again.

"Doctor...she fainted." He shouted.

"That's normal...she's alright...she'll wake up soon." He said as the nurse cleaned the baby.

"Adhi..." She mumbled in her sleep.

"Anjali!!" He said looking at her with pity.

He didn't think giving birth to a child was this painful till he witnessed his wife going through the pain in front of him.

"Here is your baby." The nurse handed the child to him as he smiled in joy as happy tears ran down his eyes.

He was now a father. He had a baby girl. This was the most special feeling he had felt. Even receiving oscars wasn't anything compared to the feel now.

Soon they carried the baby to his family. Though he was happy about his newborn, he was still worried about Anjali...

"Adhi..." he heard a soft tired voice as he ran to Anjali who had just woke up.

"Does it still hurt?" He asked as she smiled, shaking her head no.

"I'm just tired Adhi..." She said.

"Love you... my baby..." He said kissing her forehead.

"Eruma maadu... Bring me my daughter." She said.

Adhi handed their daughter to her. She smiled wide and looked at Adhi.

"She's finally here." She said.

"Yes...finally." He smiled.