Chapter 5

Few days later, Saroja and Adhi came to Chennai again.

"Yo...anjali...how are you?" He asked, remembering back to the good times they shared an year back.

"Adhi...what are you doing here?" She asked.

"Why? You didn't want me to be here? " He said.

"No...it's just..."

"Amma asked me to come along and I decided to come cause I haven't seen my favorite cousin in a long time."

"Adhi...your mom is trying to get me.." She started as Saroja called Anjali's name.

"But athai...namma avarukidda itha..." She started again. (Aunty let's just tell)

"Avaniku onnum theriya thevayilla." She.said. (He doesn't need to know anything)

"What did mom try to make you do?" He asked.

"She....she...well...never mind." She said as she ran to the kitchen and moved her things to Divya's room.

"What the hell are you doing?" Divya yelled.

"Adhi is here." She said,

"Oh really? Why are they here?" She asked.

"I...to get Adhi married to..." She started.

"Me? Really? Oh my god....I can't believe dad just made my dream come true." She shouted as she went downstairs.

"Hi Adhi darling." She hugged Adhi when nobody was there.

"I can't believe we are getting married." She said,

"What the hell? That's disgusting." He said.

"Why? You don't like me?" She asked.

"I told you a year ago that I am dating Anh." He says.

"Ya but Anjali said your mom is getting me married to you." She said,

"WHAT THE HELL?" he shouted.

"Mom? What the hell is happening here? Why am I gonna marry divya again? And why did you tell Anjali but not me?" He asked Saroja.

"Who said you were marrying Divya? You are marrying Anjali." His.mom said strictly as Adhi stared at his mom.

"Mom, did you go through some kind of memory loss? Just a few weeks ago I told you Anh and I planned on getting married and we even chose to do it at her church and now you are planning on getting me married to Anjali." He shouted.

"Adhi, I don't care... I don't trust the girl of your choice. If you don't marry Anjali, don't expect to see me alive." His mom said as she left her room.

Adhi went to his room and sat down completely mad. His mom was everything to him. She raised him with love and care. He couldn't say no to get but at the same time, he genuinely loved Anh.

He saw his phone ringing and was getting a call from Anh.

"Anh?" He said.

"What's up baby? You sound low. What happened?" She asked.

"No baby....it's just that...my mom is trying to get me married and blackmailed me to marry my cousin." He said.

"That's just disgusting. Like who marries their cousin?" She asked.

"The people here do." He said.

"Oof. So just marry her and divorce her. Just marry her if your mom is so strict and then show your mom how you and that girl wont work out in any way. It's as simple as that." Anh said.

"That is a....great plan but I am ruining Anjali's life." He said.

"Now who the hell is Anjali?" She asked.

"My cousin." He said.

"Oh... Well tell her about the plan. If she doesn't agree, tell her to back off. I'm sure she'd be fine with it. She's just want you for alimony" She said,

"I don't think she's that type but let's give it a try." He said as he finally was relieved about the issue.

He went to Anjali's room and found her crying.

"What happened?" He asked.

"I...don't want to marry you." She said,

"Oh same here." He said.

"We need to make a plan then. Chithi and Sithappa want Divya to marry you. I think you should just marry her. She is prettier than me." She said,

"Bro...i wanna marry Anh. Not you nor Divya. I would rather marry you than the stupid Divya. The other day, I saw her making out with a dude in the restaurant." He said.

"It might not have been her." She said trying to help her cousin.

"Does it matter? Anh gave me an idea. We can get married but then we can just....um...you know get divorce." He said.

"You have gone nuts. I am talking about not marrying you and you are talking about divorce." She shouted.

"Divorce is no big deal." He said.

"For a guy but for a girl....it is horrifying....horrible. Nobody will respect her." She said.

"You will be in the US. Nobody cares about it there. And also, I'll find a guy for you." He said as she slapped him right across the cheeks.

"What do you think I am? Some kinda cheap product in a store for you to sell me?" She asked.

"Think of it this way..." He started.

"Do not try to be a pimp Adhi....now i know how cheap you are. I am not even gonna let Divya marry you either. Go marry that Anh or whatever that cheap girl is. She is just another piece of shit just like you." She said,

"Do not talk about Anh." He said.

"Apdi thaan pesuven..ennada pannuva? You know what she is? She is a freaking...." He suddenly slapped her. (That's how I will speak. What will you do?)

"I am an idiot who pitied you when Anh gave me the idea." He said as he shut the door and left.