Chapter 3

"Anjali." Divya called her.

"Enna divya?" She asked. (what?

"Ennadi? Avan unna pugazraan neeyum palla kaatitu irukka? Don't forget...you are my servant." She said, (He's complimenting you and you're just supporting him)

"Sorry." Anjali said as Adhii came into the living room.

Divya had always been jealous of Anjali. Anjali's parents were rich and after their death, Manohar and his family became her guardian but ended up taking over everything.

"Finally you are wearing something good. Ya it's that same thing Anjali was wearing earlier right?" He asked looking at Divya who had finally changed.

"Ya..." Divya said.

"Anjali darling....please don't start having feeling for Aditya....he is mine. Look dad is gonna fix our marriage sooner or later." Divya said.

"Oh...i don't have any feelings for him. He is my cousin and i have the same amount of rights on him as you do. I know you people will start treating me wrong sooner when he leave so let me feel happy for ones." Anjali said as she left. Even if anjali behaves or not, they will end up beating her up so she decided to enjoy the days where she had the freedom.

She was doing a part time job in order to get to college and she was being beaten up at other times. When she finishes college, she will surely get out of this house.

When Anjali got to divya's room, her chithi was waiting with a stick. Divya was sitting right next to her.

"Anjali....lock the door." She said.

"Chithi...adikaathinga please." She said, (Aunt... don't hit me)

"En ponnu than Adhiya kalyaanam pannuva. Naduvila poyi kuttaya kulapidathey. Nee onnum pannamaatanu naan nambamaaten." Her chithi said. (My daughter will marry Adhi. You're coming in the middle. I won't believe that you won't do anything.)

"Please...vidudunga." She said as soon as she started beating anjali with a stick. She beat her up until hints of blood started oozing out her body. Suddenly, divya pushed her into the closet door as something sharp cut her forehead. (please leave me)

The two left as Anjali sat there crying. Her luggages was sitting in the corner of the room.she unzipped it to get a pic of her parents.

"Why did you leave me ma?" She asked, crying.

"Appa....amma...you people left me....why?" She started crying as she heard a knock on the door.

She didn't open the door. Suddenly the door opened and she found Divya coming inside with a first aid kit.

"Here. Cover your bruises and tell Athai that you fell down." She threw the box and ran away.

Adhi who saw divya walk out went near the door and found anjali struggling with the bandage.

"What did you do with your forehead?" He asked startling anjali.

"I...i...tripped and fell on that thing." She pointed at the closet door.

"Very clumsy girl. Need any help?" He asked.

"No...I'm fine." She said,

"Oh k?" He said as he went near her and saw her struggling to put it at the right place.

He took it from her and applied it on her forehead as his mom came in catching them.

"Ennada nadakuthu inga?" His mom asked. (what's happening here?)

"Nothing mom...I'm just helping Anjali with this bandage." He said.

"What happened anjali?" Saroja came toward her and touched her forehead.

"I tripped Athai." She said,

"Hey...athai means aunt right?" Adhi asked.

"You were not interested in coming but now look at you making new friends." His mom said.

"Ya...i kinda like it here.. " He said.

"We aren't living in a rich place. So the rich people here will have everything that they need. This house was built many years ago thats why its old." Anjali said.

"Anyways....mom...I need to workout. Is there anywhere where I can get some workout done?" He asked, looking at Anjali.

"If you want proper workout, go find a gym but we have a ground free of cost and people of all ages would play and it's like a workout session along with some fun" She said,

"Would you take me?" He asked as she nodded.

Soon that evening, the two of them went to the ground.