Chapter 27

"Your uncle Manohar was one of the people who were after your parents death." He said.

"Noo... why would he kill me parents?" Anjali asked as tears ran down her cheeks.

"Adhi... this guy is lying." She said as adhi held her.

"No Anjali... my mom was aware of this. We brought you here for a reason." He said.

"Ok but what happened after that?" She asked.

"Your dad wrote a will, in case something happens. If something were to happen to him or your mother, you'd be an orphan so he decided that you will not be able to write any property to anyone else until you're married and one year later, you and your husband has to come collect the documents for that." He said.

"But they already own the properties." She said.

"Why do you think they live in that house?" He asked as she looked at him confused.

"They are only allowed to live on it. It doesn't belong to them. We tricked them into thinking if they keep you alive till you're married, they will automatically get the properties. They don't know what your father's original will says." He said.

"But...why?" She asked.

"Anjali... it's gonna be all yours. You can kick them out." Adhi said.

"Why?" She asked.

"Anjali... they teamed up with some guy to kill your father." Adhi said.

"Ik but they raised me." She said. 

"Anjali... they teamed up with the same guy that killed your brother.." Adhi said.

"my brother?" Anjali asked.

"Your brother died in an accident when you were around 2. You wouldn't remember." Her uncle said.

"I had a brother? Ohh god...how did I never know of this?" She asked. 

"Because the..." Adhi started but she stopped him.

"Adhi.. it's alright. They can keep it. I don't need anything." She said.

"You're just like your mother. But this will not help you live. Everyone around you is selfish ma." He said.

"It's ok. The dead people are not going to come back." She said.

"What are you saying" Adhi asked.

"Adhi... you wouldn't want me if any of this didn't belong to me?" She asked.

"What type of dumb question are you asking Anjali?" She asked.

"I was the same Anjali from before. I want to live like that. If it's the money that they want, then they can keep it." She said.

"I just want that house to run that orphanage that amma wanted in the house my parents first started their lives in." She said.

"Anjali... you are a smart girl. I suggest you don't. Your parents death won't be..." her uncle started.

"Mama... I want see my family that I still have. Just one time Atleast." She said ignoring his comment.

"Anjali..." Adhi said still trying to convince her.

"Both of you." She said.

"Everything you do this world would return to you. Karma. If your intentions are good, only good things will happen to you and people around you." She said.

"I want to forgive." She said.

"Ok, if that's what you want then sure." Adhi said.

"Adhi's mother invited all of us tonight. For your anniversary." Her uncle said.

"So I will get to see my family?" She asked.

"Yes." Adhi said.

"So you knew everything but wouldn't tell me anything?" She asked.

"I told you Anjali.. all of this is part of the surprise." He said.

Soon they went back to the house and hee mother in law was getting ready.

Manohar and his family didn't seem too happy yet they had to get ready.

"The event is in the hotel nearby since we're inviting a lot of people." Saroja said.

They were finally at the hotel and were the first people there.

"Anjali ma..." she heard an old man's voice.

"I'm your thatha." He said smiling at her with teary eyes.

"Thatha?" She said running to him.

"Anjali.. you have a big family." Her uncle, Sudhagar said.

"I'm your Chithi. Your amma's sister and this is my family." She said.

"You were supposed to marry my son." A lady said.

"That's my wife." Sudhagar said.

"And this is my son, Aravind." He said.

"Hi Anjali." He said.

"And I'm her husband." Adhi said pulling her closer to him.

"We know... we know... don't worry no one will take your wife from you." Her grandpa said.

Soon after, the event started, Anjali asked her uncle to bring the documents.

She walked to manohar and his family.

"All this time... I wasn't aware of many things sithappa." She said.

"I don't think you're happy right now." She said.

"Why are you rubbing it in our face?" Divya asked.

"Look... I don't know what you have been told. But here. I think you'd be happy to see this." She said handing the documents.

"What are you saying?" Manohar asked.

Divya took the papers and read the first one.

"Daddy... it says we have no rights to be living in her house." Divya said annoyed.

"What? How dare you. After we raised you... you can't be..." he started but she showed him her palm to stop.

"Look." She said getting the paper after.

She wrote all of the properties except for the house we're living in under our name." Divya said in joy.

"What?" Manohar was surprised.

"Just keep in mind, I know all that you've done. But the fact that you raised me even though you found me annoying, I think I should just hand it to you." She said.

"But why?" He asked.

"Inna seithaarai uruthal, avarnaana nannayam seithuvidal." She said as she walked away.

"I'm upset but it's solely your decision." Adhi said.

"This is what he wanted. He can have it. I just want my family and peace and... even if I didn't have anything else. I have you and my education." She said.

"I respect your decisions. You have a great heart Anjali." He said.

"And whatever happens, my love for you remains." He said.