Chapter 6

Adhi couldn't believe he slapped a girl but he had to. She was talking substandard about his love. He didn't know Anjali could even mouth those words the year before. She wasn't the same Anjali he met a year ago.

They were sitting on the Mandapam near the fire burning as the priest put oil into the fire.

Along with the fire, Anjali's heart was also burning. How was she gonna live with a guy like him?

Suddenly, before she knew it, Adhi was forced to tie the thali around her neck.

As he applied red vermilion on her forehead, a teardrop left her eyes. She quickly wiped it before anybody saw it.

"Anjali...i feel so sorry for you. Go live a very...not so blessed life darling." Divya said as she hugged her.

"Awww....look at how cute she looks...." Saroja said as she smiled.

"Athai...please don't let Adhi break Anjali's heart ok?" Divya smirked at Anjali.

"He won't...he has been different when it comes to her." Saroja said as she cupped Anjali's cheeks.

"Soon, you will regret all this anjali." Adhi said with a smirk.

"We will see Mr.Aditya. I will show you who this Anjali really is." She smirked at him as she got on the plane to go to the US.

Adhi couldn't sit still in the plane. He didn't want to be anywhere near Anjali. He had liked her being traditional and all but she would never be able to adapt to the lifestyle here and it would only be an embarrassment for him.

"Arggg." He said as he saw Anjali peacefully listening to music.

He pulled her headphones off and stared at her.

"What do you want?" She asked softly so that nobody would hear her.

"We are in a plane," she said.

"So?" He asked.

"So you don't have any rights to tell me what to do." She said,

"Oh really?" He asked as he took his phone out.

"Hey cutie...how are you?" He asked as Anjali rolled her eyes. She knew exactly who he was talking to.

"Ya...just got married. It's ok babes...we can do it when i get back." He said.

"Do what?" Anjali asked.

"None of your business." He smirked as Anjali rolled her eyes.

"Oh no....is he talking about that? He is going to cheat on me now....oh lord." She thought to herself.

"Kk.. Bye." He said as he cut the call.

Soon Anjali and Adhi came to the house. He was living in a separate house so Anjali and Adhi shifted to that house.

He pointed at a room for Anjali.

"Don't get too comfortable....you might regret it later." He said as she entered the room.

One room was the size of their hall back in India. It looked grand and modern.
She went into the restroom. No wonder he was complaining about the bathroom at her Sithapa's house.

She was at a new place and didn't want to attract unneeded attention. She needed clothes to adapt to the lifestyle. She had a few jeans and t-shirts. Some of them were very tight but she needed to go shopping.

She got into her shorts and a shirt that she used to go to sleep in at times in the sofa of her Sithappa's house.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door.

She opened it to find Adhi standing there shocked.

"What the hell are you wearing? Are you trying to seduce me?" He asked.

"Shut your trap up boi...I don't need to show off to anybody and especially not you. I'm sure you've seen women with a... ." She paused knowing it was getting too weird now.

"Whatever....do you not wanna eat? I ordered spaghetti and meatballs so come and eat. If you are gonna let your ego take over....well.." He said.

"Did you say spaghetti and meatball? Ewww. You eat beef?" She asked.

"So you know what it is?" He asked.

"I am not dumb" she said.

"Anyways...go and eat." He said as he walked away.

"No, Thank you. I am a Hindu and I don't eat beef" She said as she locked the door.

She got a call from Saroja.

"How is Adhi? Is he..." She asked.

"He is fine." She said

"Athai...is there any college that i can join?" She asked.

"Adhi might be mad at both of us to help you find it but it's my responsibility to get you everything that's needed."

"No.. Athai...it's ok...i just need to find one close by." She said,

"It's getting late ma...go to sleep." Saroja said as she cut the call.