Chapter 21

"Calm Down Anjali..." She told herself as her phone started to buzz with notifications. 

Wherever she looked it was news about her and Adhi. Some were trolling about the fact that they were cousins being married. Others were trolling about how she had been stupid not to know that her husband was cheating on her. 

"Anjali open the door." Adhi started to shout knocking the door very hard. 

"ANJALIIII!!" 

A few mins later, she heard a few more voices. 

"You fucking.... She was dumb to trust you." She heard Mahesh's voice. 

She wanted to stop the fight but this was not what she wanted to be focused on. 

"Mahi stop... It's probably just fake news." Arjun said. 

Soon she heard more voices. Looks like everyone was there. 

Even after half an hour, Anjali didn't come outside and Adhi was more worried about Anjali not trusting him. 

"give her some space first." Saroja said. 

"Mom.. She should know I didn't do anything wrong." He said. 

"Whatever happens we all are with you Adhi." Keily said. 

Soon after, the media crowded infront of his house. 

"Adhi.. just don't go outside before we find a proper response for you to say in public." Justin said. 

"No.. I think I should go get this solved right now." He said as he walked outside and closed the door behind him. 

The media people all rushed to him as soon as they saw him. 

"Is it true that you cheated on your wife?" 

"Don't you know it's illegal to marry your cousin in some of the US states?"

"Didn't you think it was wrong to be in extramarital relationship with Ahn Goodman?" 

"Enough... all the allegation against me are false... I will prove it wrong sooner or later. It's true that Anh and I were in a relationship before my marriage but I broke up with her soon after." He said. 

"Why did you break up with her? Was is cause you were married?" 

"Look, that's personal. I think I have given enough information that y'all need to know. Stop butchering my wife's name into this." He said as he turned to leave.

Suddenly, He saw Anjali walk outside. 

"Anjali.. what are you doing here? Go inside." He whispered. 

"No Adhi." She said as she walked towards the media people. 

"So you're the wife whom your husband cheated on? When were you aware that he had cheated on you?"

"First of all... I need all of you to be quiet before I make my stand. I'll answer any question if there are any after." She said. 

"Enna pandra.. vaa." Adhi whispered into her ears.

"Y'all keep replaying that video all over the news but had anyone tried to figure out if the video was true. I can't even tell if that's my husband on there. It's true that we're cousins. It's part of our culture and if our ancestors been doing it for ages, We didn't find it wrong. When our marriage happened it was arranged and it was true that it took us a while to start accepting each other." She said. 

"Ok but he cheated on you. Are you not even angry?" 

"Let me finish." She said 

"I will not agree to the false allegation. The video is my biggest prove that this is fake news." She said. 

"Show me your hand." She pulled Adhi's arm. 

"He got this tattoo with my name a few months back which was a few months into our marriage. And he he hasn't taken off this wedding ring since then. The video didn't have the tattoo nor the wedding ring." She said. 

"Maybe he took off the ring." 

"maybe... but that's not my only proof. The man is the video may be my husband before I've met him. The whole look on the video looks nothing like my husband." She said. 

"But the recorded video has the time and date." 

"I can edit the same video with a date in the future." She said as Adhi looked at her in surprise. 

"That's not all. This wasn't something I wanted to talk about but this person gave me no other option cause Karma is a bitch. If you do something bad to someone else, it comes back to you." She said.

"What are you saying?" Adhi whispered. 

"A few mins earlier... I got a call from a new number. Turns out... It was Anh. His ex." She said as Adhi looked at her confused. 

"I had to record the call." She said as Adhi's eyes widened. 

Anjali: Hello?

Anh: Bitch... did you really think I'd let you live peacefully with Adhi?

Anjali: What are you saying? 

Anh: You will never be able to show your face to the public ever again.

Anjali: What are you saying? 

Anh: It was me... All me... I send media that video from 2 year ago...  No one will even investigate when the video was taken.

Anjali: Why would you do such a thing?

Anh: If I can't have him. You can't either.

She turned off her phone after the recording ended, shocking everyone who was there. 

"It's not wrong to have an ex right? When you know someone is not the one for you, you tend to break up with them. it's not like you can't fall in love with anyone else." She asked. 

"Ma'am... You're brave to try to fight for your husband" 

"We can see your true love for one another now." 

"Now please don't spread information about someone before you know anything about them. by spreading these gossips, you're only hurting them and their family when they haven't done anything wrong." She said.