Chapter 16

It was graduation day. Adhi's mother was there at their house helping her get ready.

"Oh My god... you look like an Angel..." Soraja said when she was about to leave.

"Let's click some pictures now. So that I can send my son." She said.

"Uh...ok." Anjali agreed with a smile that appears every time she thinks of Adhi.

"Athai.. You're getting a call... from Adhi.." Anjali said as Soroja's phone rang as his mother picked up the phone and left to the other side.

Why hasn't he called Anjali but was calling his mother? She was waiting for his call since the time she got up.

Soon it was time to leave. They drove to the auditorium where the graduation was to take place. Anjali entered and found her friends waiting to be arranged alphabetically.

Soon after they had all sat down on their seats, the audience started to fill the sides. Anjali kept staring at her phone for Adhi's call or even a message but nothing came.

"Did he just completely forget what today was?" She was annoyed even through her excitement.

Adhi: Hey

A message dropped as she opened it up almost immediately. Right after the message he sent an image. She tried to open up the image but the network was low and continued to load. Then he shared his location with her.

The picture finally loaded and she found a picture of herself taken from one of the sides. She was surprised how he was here. Maybe his mother sent him? Where was her Athai.

Then it occurred to her that the location he was shared showed the same building as her. She continued to look when she got another text.

"Look to your right." He texted.

She looked to the right and found him sitting there by his mother. He waved at her. At first she froze, surprised. Then she waved back at him and started to text him.

Anjali: What are you doing here?

Adhi: Just here to see my Bae

Anjali: what about the film shooting?

Adhi: It ended yesterday. I just wanted to give you a surprise.

Anjali: Eruma Maadu

Adhi: Nandri (A/N:Nandri is Thank You in Tamil) 

Anjali: Tamil?

Adhi: Yess.

The fact that he was right there after a whole month of not seeing him was torturing her. She couldn't wait to be in his embrace.

After all the students were called to get their degrees. They were all asked to exit the building. Anjali didn't even wait for her friends. She ran over to find Adhi. She searched everywhere but couldn't find him anywhere.

Suddenly She felt a tug at her wrist and turned to look at who it was.

"ADHIII!!" She shouted in joy as she hugged him tight and tears started to roll down her cheeks.

"Congratualtion My Babe... you did it!!" He said still hugging her.

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming?" She asked as he wiped her tears.

"Don't cry.. You're gonna wear off all the makeup." He said as she hit his chest.

"It was supposed to be a surprise." He said.

"Aditya..." A few people had not noticed him.

"Oh shit... didn't think I was this famous." He said as her put on a cap and mask and pulled her to the side.

"Now they are all gonna know." She said.

"Does it matter?" He asked.

"You guys.. Where did you go?" Saroja asked whens eh finally found them.

"ANJALIII!!" She heard someone shout her name.

She turned around to see Diya and Deepa along with Arjun and Mahesh.

"GUYSSS...Congrats." She said giving them a group hug.

"And guys... this is.." Before she could finish....

"ADITYA PURUSHOTHAMAN!!!" Diya hollered.

"Oh god." Anjali said.

"Sir.. I've watched all of your films... even Anjali prolly hasn't... I can't believe I'm meeting you in person." Diya was all excited more about meeting him than her own graduating.

"Thank you.."

"Sir.. can we have a selfie with you?" Deepa asked.

"Sure..." Adhi said with a smile.

"And girls... no need to call me Sir... just call me Adhi." He said.

"Well Adhi... this is Diya... Deepa... Arjun... and you know Mahesh.." She said as Adhi said hi to everyone.

After a small photoshoot...they had all left and Saroja left saying she had something to do and would be back that evening.