Chapter 7

A few days passed and Saroja got Anjali all that she needed. Adhi didn't do anything for her as a husband but his mom filled that gap.

"I will be going to college from now on." She decided to inform him.

"When the hell did this happen?" He asked.

"I brought all my stuff from my college in India and your mom helped me get everything fixed." She said,

"Oh good for you.... But, I am not dropping you." He said.

"Who asked for you?" She asked as she had already called an Uber.

She got into the car and left as Adhi stood there staring at her.

Anjali went into her class hesitantly. She e had removed her thali and vermillion so that nobody will know that she was married. But also because she didn't want the unnecessary attention she was trying ot avoid.

"Hello, i am deepika but i go by Deepa." She said.

"Oh nice...I am anjali." She said.

"Nice name. Where are you from?" She asked.

"chennai...it's in the south." She said.

"I am from pondicherry....so I know." She said,

"Oh so you are tamil?" She asked.

"Illa...chinese." Deepa said they ended up laughing.

"Come on....i will introduce you to the gang." She took her to a group of people.

"Guys... I found us a new tamilian for the group." Deepa said as she took her to the group.

"Un peyar enna?" A guy asked. (What's your name?)

"Anjali." She said.

"You mean...onneli, rendelli, mooneli naaleli anjali?" He asked as he counted.

"Dei..thalapathy konjem niruthu da." Deepa said. (Yo thalapathy.. Shut up for a bit) (Reference to Thalapathy Vijay's dialogue)

"Oh this chattermouth is mahesh and this is Diya and that thadiyan is Arjun." Deepa introduced.

"Oh nice.." Anjali said.

"Anyways....where are you from?" Arjun asked.

"Chennai." She said,

"Oh...nice me too." Diya said.

Soon the gang went into the class. As days went on, Adhi kept ignoring Anjali and the gang became so close to her.

They had started a Tamil club at their campus an year ago and they had all met each other there. The tamil club made Anjali feel more at home in a place where she knew no one.

Mahesh was really close to her. He always made her laugh.

"So thatha's grandson ate his meesai....you know why?" He asked. (mustache)

"Why?" Anjali asked.

"For the 100th time, its a murrukku meesai." Diya said bored.

"You really do need to stop repeating these jokes. It's getting boring.." Deepa said.

They had a group project and Mahesh and Anjali were working on it together. By the time they had finished, it was pretty late.

"Do you need a ride?" Mahesh asked.

"Um...sure da." She said,

"K..what's your address?" He asked as he entered it into google maps.

"So where are your parents?" He asked.

"Avanga iranthu years aachu." She said, (They passed away a long time back)

"Oh sorry." He said.

"Nah...paravayilla." She said, (It's fine)

Soon they got to the destination and Anjali got out.

"Sari...thanks for the ride." She said, turning to leave.

"Hello...first of all...no thanks between friends.I'm always here for you when you need me." He asked.

"Dei...idiot." She said as she noticed the balcony door of Adhi's room opening. She decided to ignore even though she knew he could see what was happening.

"And second of all, orufrienda ulla koopda maatiya?" He asks.

"Vera yaaranaalum koopdalaam but not you....." She said, (I'd call anyone but not you)

"Why?" He asked.

"Cause you're gonna kill me with your jokes." She said,

"I see how it is." She pretended to be angry.

"I was just kidding... Sari...ulla vaa." She said as she saw Adhi glared down at her. (come inside)

" aama ivlo periya veetla thaniyaava irukka?" Mahesh asked. (you live in this huge house all by yourself?)

"This is my athai's house." She said.

"Athaiyinna?"he asked. (Aunty means?)

"My appa's sister." She said.

"Oh....i thought you meant your husband's mom." He joked.

**(Husband's mother and father's sister are both Athai in tamil)

" Why would I be married?" She asked as Adhi came downstairs.

"Who is this Anjali?" He asked as he came down.

"I'm her boyfriend bro." Mahesh said.

"We are planning to get married soon." He said as Adhi glared at her and Anjali just looked at Mahesh sighing at his cringe introduction.

"Cool bro....you are Aditya right? I have seen you in that one movie. You're awesome. You never told me Aditya is your family." Mahesh looked at anjali.

"Answer my question....who are you?" Adhi asked.

"Ok...bro....don't be mad...i am Mahesh....Anjali and I are friends. I am also a tamilan." He said.

"Good to know." Adhi said without a smile.

"Adhi is my cousin. My athai paiyan." Anjali said before anything gets embarrassing.

"Is that all?" Mahesh asked as Anjali's eyes widened.