Chapter 2: Panic at the IHOP

"Whatwereyoutwotalkingaboutthismorning?"

"Huh?" Trevor asked me with a confused look. Connor looked like he caught onto what I said.

"I said, what were you two talking about this morning?" I moved my glance from one to the other. I really expected an answer but when I didn't get an immediate answer, I started to panic.

"S-so are y-you gonna s-se-send me-e b-ba-bac-back?" My vision got blurry, my heart started racing. I can't go back there! Mrs. Duece will kill me! She will yell 'I told you so.' at me every chance she gets. I will be abused again. I won't have any food to eat. No more YouTube. No more family. No more life!

And then the room went black.

*****

"Hey, Sass." I opened my eyes and looked around. I was in my bed at Connor's apartment.

"Hi." My voice sounded groggy and my eyes were so heavy. I sat up in my bed and realized I must've had a panic attack at IHOP. I turned to face Trevor and I guess he realized I was pretty confused.

"Well you had an attack at IHOP. Me and Connor calmed you down and brought you home. You've been asleep for a few hours. Everything is okay, but I think Connor is gonna take you to the doctor for these things. He's really concerned about it. I am too and I don't want one of these attacks to cause you not to wake up one day. You mean a lot to me ya know." I smiled and leaned my head on his chest.

"So can you tell me what that attack was all about?" He was playing with the end of my hair as he asked me this question.

"I heard you and Dad talking this morning about how he needed to tell me something."

"I'm following.."

"Okay well I acted like I didn't hear anything so when we got to the restaurant, I was about to explode if I didn't know what he was gonna tell me."

"I'm still following.."

"So when I said something and you two just stared at me, it made it seem like Dad was-"

"Gonna bring you back to the orphanage.." I looked up and saw Connor standing in the doorway. He walked to my bed and sat down on the end.

"I would never bring you back. You know that!" I just shrugged my shoulders and looked down at my comforter. He picked my chin up with his index finger, forcing me to look him in the eyes.

"I was not gonna tell you I was bringing you back. Actually I was gonna ask you something."

"What is it?"

"I don't think now is the best time for that question." He stood up and kissed me on the forehead. He walked to my door and turned around.

"I love you, Kay." And with that, he walked away.

"I love you also, Sass. Now get some rest we will make spaghetti some other time." He kissed my cheek and squeezed my hand. After that he walked to the door and turned around.

"Call me if you need anything. Okay?" I nodded my head and he shut my door and walked away. I leaned back down on my bed. I took a deep breath and fell right back asleep.

"Waste of time. That's all you are!"

"Really? You again? Can't you get a new life! My god you're hideous."

"I'm not that ugly..am I?" I stared at myself in the mirror.

"Yeah pretty much!" All of the voices echoed in my head. I fell to the floor with my hands on my head.

"MAKE THEM STOP! STOP STOP STOP!!"

"STOP!" Trevor busted through my door followed by Connor.

"What's wrong?" Connor swooped me up into his arms. I cried into his chest. Trevor grabbed one of my hands and squeezed it.

I calmed down enough to speak.

"I h-had a drea-m that everyone hated me." I wiped my face and climbed out of Connor's lap. I walked out of my room and went into the kitchen. I opened the fridge and saw nothing was in there.

"We didn't go shopping, remember?" Connor added, walking into the kitchen.

"Yeah." I walked out and went into the living room. I sat on the floor and stared at the ceiling.

"I think you need some good news." Trevor sat down behind me and pulled me into his grasp.

"Yeah I think you do." Connor added sitting in front of me on the floor.

"So you wanna hear something great?" Connor stood up and walked away to go get something.

"Trust me you'll love this." Trevor whispered into my ear.