Chapter 3: More Tears

"So..you know how I travel a lot?" Connor walked back in the room with something behind his back.

"Yeah?"

"Well I travel to Cali a lot right?"

"Yeah?"

"And you like the boys right? Like Jc and them."

"Yeah?"

"Well how would you like to move to Cali?" He pulled out a suitcase that had 'Katie Mae Franta' embroidered on it.

I was surprised. No one has ever included me in a decision like this. I'm amazed.

"YESS!!" I had no second thought about it.

"I told you that you would like this." Trevor whispered in my ear as he played with my hair. I laughed

"I'll explain the important details later. You go get packed. Only bring important stuff that you'll need. You'll be here every now and then so leave some stuff here." I smiled and ran to my room. I packed everything I thought I might need. I walked back to the kitchen and went to the fridge again. Of course, there's still nothing there.

"UGHH WE GOTTA GO TO THE STORE ASAP!" I yelled to the boys.

"ALRIGHT!" Connor yelled back. I looked over and saw Trevor racing out the door.

"Beat ya to the car!" And he was gone after that. I got the glare from Connor. The 'Dont you dare' glare. But I didn't care. I ran out the door and saw Trevor waiting for the elevator so I took the stairs. Let's just say I beat him FAIR AND SQUARE!

"Cheater!" He yelled running out the lobby doors.

"Loser!" I commented. I looked behind Trevor and saw Connor coming. He didn't look too happy.

"I told you not to do that!" Connor snapped at me. I held back my laugh. I wanted to say something along the lines of 'Technically you didn't SAY anything.' But I decided to hold my tongue.

We got in the car and turned on the radio. See You Again was on and Trevor and Connor were singing along. I was laughing at their version of it. We stopped at a red light and my phone vibrated. I picked it up and saw I got a new Twitter follower. Any other time I would've ignored it but something about this username surprised me. I clicked on their username to discover that it was Sadie.

SADIE OH MY GOD I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT HER! I PROMISED HER A SLEEPOVER WHEN I GOT BACK FROM CALI! CRAP! I REALLY SCREWED UP!! WHAT IS SHE GONNA SAY WHEN I TELL HER I'M MOVING TO CALI! OH GOD!!

I didn't realize I was talking out loud until Trevor put his hand on my shoulder and Connor pulled over.

"Do we need to drive by the orphanage for a few minutes." I nodded my head feeling the tears wanting to pour but I held them back and smiled. It seems like when I feel the emotions like that, all I have to do is smile and they go away. Maybe it's because I'm staying positive. I don't know. It's weird!

Connor started driving in the opposite direction to the orphanage. We arrived shortly and I hesitated.

"You want me to come with you?" Trevor asked me placing his hand back on my shoulder.

"No I got this. Thanks though." I smiled at him and got out of the car.

"Don't leave. Please." Connor smiled and nodded his head. I walked up to the doors and knocked.

"KATIE!" The door flung open and 6 year old Ava was jumping up and down at the sight of me.

"AVA! I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!" I picked her up and hugged her tight.

"Katie. What're you doing here?" Saide came down the staircase.

"I came to plan our sleepover." I set Ava down and she got back to her chores.

"I don't think we can do that anymore."

"Why?"

"Mrs. Douche." She commented in a 'duh' tone.

"Oh. Okay well I need to tell you something then." I played with my bracelet on my arm.

"What is it?" She walked towards me and stopped in front of me.

"I'm..I'm..I'm moving to California."

"What?"

"I'm moving to California."

"Yeah I heard you I just don't understand." She had tears falling down her face.

"Dad thinks it would be best." I now had tears strolling down my face.

"But I'll never see you!" She wrapped me in a hug.

"Yeah you will! I'll come back here often!" I heard the door open and Trevor came walking in. He tapped me on the shoulder causing me to break my hug with Sadie. I looked up at him and he realized how much she actually means to me.

"Um Connor said we need to go."

"I'll be out in a minute." He nodded his head and squeezed my hand. He walked out and I faced Sadie again. I grabbed her hands and looked her in the eyes.

"Promise me that when I walk out those doors your tears will be gone. Promise you will Skype. Promise you will favorite ALL my stuff on Twitter." She laughed at my Twitter comment. I smiled and continued.

"Promise you'll never forget me." She wiped a few tears off her face and smiled.

"Promise." She held out her pinky and we linked them together.

"Let me walk you out." I smiled and opened the door. She followed me all the way to the car. I turned around and hugged her tight.

"Text me, Skype me, Tweet me, just stay in contact with me please!" She nodded her head and smiled through her tears.

"Have a nice life in Cali, Kate. I know it's your dream." I smiled and climbed in the car. Connor pulled out of the driveway and I rolled down the sun roof window and stuck my head out.

"BYE SAY!" I waved my arm off.

"BYE KATE!" And she waved her arm off too. I climbed back in the car but left the sun roof open. As we drove down the street I got lost in thought of all the memories me and Sadie have.