Chapter 15: Performance

So it's Saturday. Yep, the day I sing in front of a bunch of people who don't even know me. Not to mention, I have to dance in front of them too. Oh whatever, I don't care about that. I mean I love singing and dancing. It's just I don't feel like I am worth it.

"Katie?" A groggy Trevor asked.

"Yes?" I rolled over in my bed to face him.

"Today is the day." He said with a smirk. I smiled like an idiot.

"I know!" I laid down on my back and switched my gaze to the ceiling.

"So I may or may not have switched up our performance times and songs." Trevor said.

"What?!"

"So now, you are singing Now Or Never with me, you're singing Thunder and Lightning with Ricky, and you're also dancing to the original song, not the radio edit. So, fun night for, my little angel!" He kissed my temple and sat up.

"And now, I'm gonna make, my love, some breakfast." He climbed out of bed and dragged me with him. I ran behind him to the kitchen.

"Trev, I don't think you should do this."

"Why?" He asked, bending down to get a pan.

"The last time you tried cooking the fire department had to come." I held in my laugh.

"Okay so just because Jc got scared of a little fire on the oven mit doesn't mean I can't cook."

"Um the fact that you had to use an oven mit to get a piece of toast out of the toaster, means you can't cook." I laughed this time.

"Well then! You can just eat a poptart." He put the pan up and handed me a poptart.

"At least I will survive!" I grabbed it from him and took a bite.

"Well its not burnt so..." I said and glanced over at him. He was glaring at me so I laughed hysterically.

"Ah I just love that laugh." Trevor said taking another bite of poptart. I blushed and he smiled.

"So I think we need to make a video." Trevor announced throwing his trash away.

"I think we do too." I hopped off the bar stool and ran to Trevor's room.

"Woah! Your bed is made!" I joked once I got to his room.

"Shut up! That's only because I've been in your bed. With you!" Trevor exclaimed, setting up his camera. I laughed and fixed my hair.

"I look like crap, baby. Can't I put on make up?" I begged. He finished fidgeting with his camera and turned to me.

"Nope." He said plainly and calmly. He plopped down next to me and turned on his camera.

"Hey guys! It's Trevor and I'm here with my amazing, beautiful, nice, talented-"

"They get the point! I'm here!" I said pointing to my face and smiling like an idiot.

"And we are gonna do a cover of a song called Happy Little Pill." I nodded and smiled at the camera.

*****
"I'm headed to Starbucks." I said, jumping up and kissing his cheek.

"Great video by the way!" He yelled to me as I was on my way out. I smiled at him and ran to my room. I changed into some comfortable clothes and grabbed my pennyboard. I ran down the stairs and out the front door.

I placed my pennyboard on the road and pushed off. I love the feeling when you first push off. It's like a blast of energy and then the feeling when you get full speed. Ah, I just love it. I arrived at Starbucks 15 minutes later. I walked inside and waited in line to order. Once it was my turn to order, I ordered a Caramel Frap.