Chapter 9: Perfect Day, Part 1

"So what exactly do you have to do tomorrow?" I asked Trevor. He had walked me to the room I stayed in last night. We are currently standing in the door frame.

"Well I have to wake up to live, eat to live, and breathe to live. So I think I have to wake up, eat, and breathe tomorrow." He replied sticking his hands deep in his pockets.

"Ha. Ha. HA! Very funny!" I walked into the room and sat down on the bed. He followed me in and sat next to me.

"So you don't want me to live?" He grabbed my hand.

"That's not what I said." I faced him.

"Oh.." He stared into my eyes.

"Forreal. What do you have to help me with tomorrow?"

"You'll find out, love." He kissed my forehead and squeezed my hand. He stood up and stretched.

"Fine. I love you."

"I love you too." He kissed me on the lips quick and walked to the door.

"Good night, Sass"

"Good night, Trev" I replied while he closed the door. I fell backwards on the bed.

What possibly could Dad want them to help me with? I already have everything I need and want. Is there something I haven't done that all kids that get adopted have to do? Ughhhh!!

I sat up and pulled my suitcase out from the corner. I grabbed a pair of clothes and changed quickly. As I was putting my suitcase up, I started thinking about Connor for some reason. I was snapped out of thought when I heard a knock at the door.

"Coming!" I yelled running to the door.

"Hey, Katie. I wanted to make sure you made it up here safely and uhh well I wanted to make sure you weren't doing anything with Trevor." Ricky stated staring at with a straight face.

"RICKY!"

"Sorry but for the time being I am your guardian sooooo."

"I'm fine, Ricky. Good night." I shut the door before he could respond. I immediately started laughing. I can't believe he thought I would do something that stupid. All I could do was laugh.

I climbed in bed and clicked the lamp on the bedside table next to me off. I pulled the covers up to my chin and wrapped myself up in a ball underneath. I sang Happy Little Pill to myself until I fell asleep, which didn't take long.

*****

"Yo, Katie! Get up Jc made breakfast again. You need to eat for the huge day we are having today!" Kian yelled. I rolled over and looked at him doing jumping jacks in the middle of the floor.

"Kian, what time is it?" I rubbed my eyes. I yawned really big which made my eyes water.

"8 in the morning." He continued his excersise.

"What!? Kian, how did they get you up this early?" I sat up and yawned again.

"Well..Jc poured an ice cold bucket full of water on me. I had to put my mattress out on the deck to dry." He stopped his jumping and picked me up. He slung me on his shoulders and ran me down the spiral staircase.

"Kian. Kian. Put me down." I was so tired. I had NO enthusiasm in my voice and I was barely even hitting him on the back.

"Aww Kian! You're torturing her!" Sam said. Sam lifted me off of Kian's shoulders and held me. I closed my eyes and started praying that I don't kill these kids when I am fully awake.

"You're holding her all wrong!" Ricky yelled. He walked over and picked me up out of Sam's arms. He held me like you would hold a two-year old on your hip. I continued with my wish as I heard Trevor start talking.