Chapter 30: I Didn't Give Up

"Come on, honey. It's all up to you now. You choose your fate." A nurse whispered in my ear. I was being rushed to an OR (Operation Room). I had a tube in my throat and air pumping into it. It's the only reason I am still alive.

Although I couldn't see, I could hear. I could hear frantic doctors spitting out medical terms to each other. I tried to make my brain fall asleep but it wouldn't.

All I wish to see is my brothers, Jc most importantly. Connor ordered me food that he knew I couldn't eat then I felt forced to eat it. And if Connor's mom wasn't being a jerk, then I could've stayed at the table and ordered food I knew I could eat without a problem.

I felt pressure in my arm and felt something rushing past my veins. I instantly fell asleep.

My brain woke up to the tube being taken out of my throat. I felt my body being lifted up and onto another bed. A needle went into my arm and I was covered with a sheet. An oxygen mask was placed over my mouth and nose. The room was very cold. The fluid going into my arm was even colder. I heard a door close and my brain instantly shut down once again.

*****

"Ricky, you saved her life! Stop whining about everything. It wasn't your fault." Jc conviced Ricky.

"Connor, didn't you know she was allergic to walnuts?" Ricky fussed at Connor.

"Yes I knew she was allergic to tree nuts, but I wasn't thinking straight." Connor defended himself.

"Or maybe it's because you haven't been around her for a long time." Trevor mumbled.

"Excuse me?" Connor asked.

"Well, you haven't been around her for a while. That kind of thing is impactful."

"Shut up! Like you, of all people, understand my life!" Connor raised his voice. Before anything else could happen I moved my body and attempted to open my eyes.

They squinted open and adjusted to the light. I looked to my right and saw Connor and Ricky. To my left was Jc and Trevor.

"Morning, beautiful." Trevor said with a smile.

"Hey, Kate." Jc commented.

"You're finally awake, babygirl." Connor stated.

"I'm so happy you woke up!" Ricky sang. I went to move my oxygen mask. I put my hand on it and started to pull it from my face but Connor rested his hand on top of mine.

"Don't bother. You won't be able to talk for a while." He softly smiled at me and removed my hand from the mask. I stared at him concerned. I tried to talk through the mask but nothing came out. I started to panic a little.

I frantically looked from person to person. My eyes were big. I felt myself start shaking. Trevor grabbed my hand and squeezed it.

"Hey. It's alright. We'll get you a marker board." He smiled at me and squeezed my hand again. I stared into his eyes for a moment and looked at Jc. He smiled at me. I turned to Ricky, he smiled too. If I look at Connor and he smiles I swear I'll...since I can't scream I guess all I can do is roll my eyes. I turned my head slowly to Connor and, of course, he's smiling. I mentally roll my eyes.

"Look, me and the boys are gonna run to the store and get you some things. We'll be back." I looked into Connor's eyes and studied how green they were. He grabbed my hand and kissed my forehead. All of the other boys followed suit.

Once they left, I looked around my room. I had an air pump and an IV bag beside me. There was a dresser by the window and a bathroom. I saw a suitcase by the bathroom door.

I saw my phone sitting beside me on the bed. I picked it up and unlocked it. I clicked on my pictures and started going through them. I saw pictures from the night with the girls, one of the pool days me and the boys had, the sunset from our hike in the field, some family pictures, and even my adoption day. I stopped on some pictures from a few months ago. It was me and Sadie. We used her selfie stick and took like a million pictures.

I was interupted from my stroll down memory lane by my door opening up. I turned to see Jc with balloons, Ricky with one of those mega bags of Sour Patch Kids, Trevor with a marker board, and Connor with Arizonas. I smiled behind the oxygen mask.

Jc tied the balloons around the side of the hospital bed. Ricky set the bag of Sour Patch Kids down next to me along with the Arizonas.

"Here's the board and marker." Trevor handed me the stuff. I opened the cap and put it on the end of the marker. I scribbled, 'THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH ♡!'

I flipped the board around and showed the boys. They all smiled. Seriously, they need to stop smiling about EVERYTHING!

"No problem!" Ricky exclaimed. I removed the mask from my face and popped a blue Sour Patch Kid in my mouth. I took a sip of Arizona and swallowed. I got comfortable in the bed and crossed my legs. I put another candy in my mouth and smiled. They all started laughing.

"Comfortable?" Trevor asked, sarcastically. I picked up the board and wrote, 'No. I just move around in the hopital bed for excersise. You know normal stuff for me! ;)'

I flipped it around and showed the boys. They immediately started laughing.

"It's very admirable how through everything you've been through in the last month and a half, you still can find some humor in something." Ricky admitted. My head shot to him and I scribbled, 'Thanks but um admirable? Big word bruh!!'

I turned it around and showed everyone. They all laughed. I laughed too and erased my writing.
_________________________________
Hey guys! So it's the Fourth of July. Sooo Happy 4th if you live in the USA! Anyways, I love you all and in the case of a holiday, I'm updating again sometime today.

-Emma out ✌