VOL 1 Chapter 8 Homecoming Club

Lunch time came and everyone gets ready to go for lunch, Hirata approaches me but is quickly surrounded by several girls, ehhh being a pretty boy has its problems, I pray for your luck Hirata-kun. I see Kushida talking to Inogashira Kokoro and Mori Nene.

I get up from my seat to go buy something, Ayanokouji tries to call me but is overshadowed by Sudo.

Sudo: Yo! Hikigaya, you're also going to buy something, let's go together.

Hachiman: Okay.

We leave the living room and head to the store, where we buy some sweet breads and drinks we eat them on one of the stairs in the hallway. I'm quite used to eating in places where no one will see me.

As for the conversation with Sudo, it's pretty simple if you know what he likes, I just have to mention basketball to him and he passionately talks to me, I just have to throw in the occasional question and statement to drive the conversation.
When we finish we go back to the almost empty living room.

When we arrive, we hear an announcement

-Today at 5 pm in gym number 1, there will be a club fair. For those interested in clubs, please come to gym number 1. I repeat, today.

With this moment arrived, I'm going to pass on it, the most important thing is just the introduction of the student council president, I want to avoid contact with him for the time being. Sudo asks me

Sudo: Ohh? The clubs, perfect , come on Hikigaya, I'm going to take the opportunity to sign up for the basketball club.

Hachiman: I'm sorry Sudo, I'll pass this time, I have some business to take care of.

Sudo: Your loss.

I dismiss him by waving my hand.

I pretend to sit at my post, but I am stopped by the D-class angel, Kushida.

Kushida: Hello, Hikigaya-kun, I don't know if you remember me.

Hachiman:Of course I remember you Kushida-san, I haven't had a chance to thank you, without you and Hirata it would have been impossible to convince the class.

Kushida: It was nothing, Hikigaya-kun, it was what anyone would have done, after all you were making a great effort. If you don't mind Hikigaya-kun could you give me your contact, remember I said I want to be friends with everyone, so Hikigaya-kun definitely can't miss.

Ahhh, wherever I go normally I would totally fall at her feet, but since it's not normal I'm calm, this Chick is a very good actress I can't say anything bad about her expression and her tone of voice, if I didn't know her true nature, I would be having a hard time.But I'll still give her my contact, otherwise I would be put in the spotlight, and I really don't want to turn everyone against me for the time being.

Hachiman: Sure.

I give him my contact and he proceeds to leave, almost hopping away looking like a rabbit.

I turn my head and I can see Ayanokouji and Horikita talking, I guess I'll go say hi to them.I approach them and speak.

Hachiman: yo! Ayanokouji.

Ayanokouji: Hikigaya, hello.

Hachiman: Looks like you're having a good time with your girlfriend, although I'm surprised you're not wearing a coat, just standing here and I'm already freezing.

Horikita: You could stop with your petty jokes, besides wasting time in an idle way I don't see you doing much.

Hachiman: Wow, you can talk, I thought you were just an ice statue, besides, it is the most logical thing to want to relate with people you will be with for three years.

Horikita: I don't need friends, I'm not like the thing that needs others to recognize its existence to be happy.

Hachiman: Horikita-san, Horikita-san I am a human being, please don't hurt my delicate feelings as a man.

He starts to ignore me so I decide to turn to Ayanokouji.

Hachiman: ahhh , Ayanokouji-kun, your Onii-san here advises you to stay away from bad women, you are shy and quiet you are perfect material for a householder, but beware of those harpies who only want you for that and want to manipulate your life with violence, they will start with verbal abuse then escalate with small physical aggressions until they start hitting you, that sight just breaks my heart, my poor Ayanokouji-kun.

Ayanokouji: I'm sorry, I barely understood half of what you said, since when did you become my brother, and who the hell is your Ayanokouji.

Horikita: For the first time I agree with Ayanokouji-kun, you're disgusting.

Hachiman:Tch, I guess even my own allies abandon me, that's the power of a woman, capable of destroying unbreakable bonds. But don't worry Ayanokouji even if you have abandoned me I will still pray for you. I will see you later.

With that said I return to my seat to wait for the bell.

Classes go on normally until the bell rings indicating the end of classes.
Several classmates leave, perhaps to prepare for the club fair, when Ayanokouji approaches me.

Ayanokouji: Are you going to the club fair?

Hachiman: I don't think it's necessary, after all I have already decided my club.

He looks at me with interest, I look as unmotivated as he does, so it's a surprise I have a club decided.
Ayanokouji: Really?

Hachiman: Really, the homecoming club.

My answer disappoints him a little and I decide to return the question.

Hachiman: What about you Ayanokouji? Do you have any club in mind.

Ayanokouji: Not really, I'll just go to take a look, but most likely I'll end up being your partner, plus I'll go Horikita.

Hachiman: I understand, have fun on your date.

Ayanokouji: You don't understand anything, and don't keep saying things like that for both our sakes.

Hachiman: haaaa, you're right, your girlfriend is very scary after all.

Ayanokouji:*sigh* I'd better go, bye.
When I say goodbye to Ayanokouji, I see Hirata approaching, I see his entourage waiting for him at the door, it looks like he told him that they will wait for him while he talked to me.

Hirata: Hello Hikigaya-kun.

Hachiman: yo Hirata

Hirata: Hikigaya-kun I was wondering if you wanted to join us at the club fair.
Hachiman: I'm sorry Hirata, but I'm already accepted into a club and leaving now would be problematic.

Hirata looks disappointed but I quickly cut him off with what I'm about to say.

Hachiman: Anyway Hirata you can give me your contact, and I would also like to thank you for all the support you have given me.

This seems to light up Hirata's face, I don't understand why, maybe it's because he needs a male friend.
Somehow I feel sorry for him.

Hirata: With pleasure, Hikigaya-kun.
With this we exchange contacts, I have to have contact with the other central figure in the class. Then he says goodbye quickly because of his impatient entourage.

With no more business to do in the classroom I decide to leave.