VOL 3 Chapter 7 Arrogant

Hachiman POV

We went back to camp, it served me well to accompany the girls, and it gave me the reason for Karuizawa's discomfort, I don't know why the girls are so worried about a confession, almost all of them felt uncomfortable with my confession, maybe it's because they are a bit melodramatic about it.

Now with Karuizawa or should I call her Kei from now on, I don't know at what point I became so casual in how I call them, however if I refuse it would give me more migraine than necessary, I never thought of calling several girls by name, I thought it was reserved for the closest people.

I digress the reason for Kei's behavior is because she was scared that I will get away from her by getting a girlfriend, in other words her parasitism kicked in, as expected she hasn't gone down a notch, or so I thought, she seemed to get closer to Airi along the way, she is seeing new paths, it's a good thing.

Everyone is maturing little by little. But we are just getting started, the first special test will be crucial to see if all the effort was made in vain or not.

When we arrive, Yousuke is the first to greet us. He sees us and opens his eyes in surprise.

Yousuke: Hachiman-kun, didn't you bring too much wood?

I don't know the reason why everyone asks me the same question.... is a decent amount. I didn't want to bring more because I don't want to wear myself out.

Hachiman: It's better to bring as much wood as we can, there are quite a few of us, so it should be a moderately sized fire, so it will be burning most of the time. I don't see the problem.

Yousuke: *sigh* if you say so.

Hachiman: Besides that, I can see you've almost finished setting up the tents.

Yousuke: Yes, with everyone's help it was very easy, the class is focused towards a single point, I like that everyone is united.

I agree with him, in this school if the class is not united, it only means doom.

The camp is almost ready, I can see that the other two wood gathering groups are also arriving, only the most crucial one is missing in this instance, the food one.

It would be good if they didn't come empty handed.

We left the wood in place.

Yousuke: It looks like everyone is pretty tired.

Hachiman: Presumably, we haven't had a moment's rest since we arrived.

Yousuke: Shall we spend points for food?

Hachiman: Most likely, although I think it's better to wait, we don't know what the food group will come up with.

It is the best option for the moment, if we want to reduce the consumption of points we must rely on what this island offers, we have already solved the water problem now we have to see what there is to eat.

?:Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

A thunderous laugh brings me out of my thoughts. Yousuke is also surprised by the fierce laughter that rises.

From one moment to the next something lands in front of us. It does so with such force that everyone in the camp turns their eyes towards us.

A familiar blond boy rises up in front of us.

Koenji: As expected of me, nature only remarks how perfect I am. Don't you agree Hachi-boy?

Hachiman: I hope the perfect human didn't come empty, that would bring your perfection points down.

He's drenched in sweat, I can't blame him the task I gave him is quite a lot of work after all.

Koenji: hahahahahaha, they won't, no matter what I do. I am immaculate, you know the reason for this.

Hachiman: Of course.

Koenji would be the only one who can keep up with his mouth along with his actions, his skills are no joke. The only bad thing is his attitude that he doesn't cooperate with others, or should I say it's a relief that he doesn't cooperate. The situation would be more difficult to handle if he does.

Koenji: Here you have what you asked for.

He passes me the map that I passed to him earlier, it shows different parts marked, they are the points where you can occupy, plus there are different shortcuts and routes, this is simply too useful.

I can only say excellent, this guy is too scary.

Hachiman: Very good, it's just what I expected.

Koenji: I'm curious why you asked for this.

Hachiman: Hooooo? should I tell you?

Koenji: Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, it's as I suspected, well it's not my problem anymore.

Hachiman: What do you mean?

Koenji: I'm going to abandon the test.

Koenji is still Koenji.

Yousuke: W-wait Koenji-kun, you can't do that, we'll be penalized in that case.

Hachiman: Stop it, Yousuke, let me talk to him a little. Are you sure Koenji? That would mean that the terms we agreed on would hurt you.

Koenji: I understand, I am aware of the consequences.

Hachiman: I understand, then have a good trip.

Koenji:The luxuries are waiting for me.

With that he starts jumping between the branches of the trees, he seriously looks more like a monkey than a human being.

Yousuke has a frown on his face, he is not very happy about what just happened.

Yousuke: Was it right to let him go like that?

Hachiman: Koenji is a hopeless case, there's no way we can tie him down with anything, even if we keep an eye on him he'll escape at any moment.

Yousuke: *sigh* you're right, he's very hard to deal with, but that only increases my curiosity as to how you made him help you.

Hachiman: Well ..... is something complicated.

Flashback before boarding the island.

I head towards the pool where Koenji is, as I arrive I can see a poor employee trying to get him to put on a towel.

Employee: Dear customer, please have this towel to avoid getting the floor wet.

Koenji: Nonsense, my immaculate body doesn't need to be dried with that piece of cloth, so I'd better stop trying that.

With that he leaves the employee with the word in his mouth, that's where I decide to come in.

Hachiman: If you don't mind, let me talk to him, he's my classmate.
Employee: Thank you very much.

The employee relieved not to deal with him anymore hands me the towel. I follow the path where Koenji left.

In that space I see him watching the island minutely. It caught his attention.

Hachiman: Koenji.

Koenji: Oh, if it isn't Hachi-boy, how unexpected for you to meet me?

Hachiman: You don't look so surprised.

Koenji: That's to be expected, I guess you came here to ask me about my non-cooperation for the class.

Hachiman: You are self-conscious of your place in the class. But not to beat around the bush, I'll speak coconcisely, I think you know that this cruise is not normal.